Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bleusblue2

hanger -- where to buy?

bleusblue2
4 years ago

I bought a bunch of these -- was it thirty? forty? years ago at a kind of outlet store. I think they must have been used in some clothing store. I love them. I hang up my jeans/slacks/trousers -- they are like pants hangers of course. I also hang up t-shirts, folding them and clipping at the bottom. I suppose they were once sold at retail wholesalers. Have you ever seen them anywhere? I'd buy them!

Comments (12)

• Rusty
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I have some wooden pants hangers that I've had for ages, I don't remember where I got them. I don't think I've ever seen any for sale in any of the stores I frequent. Have you tried Googling them? By image?

Rusty

ETA: I just Googled 'clamp pant hangers'. Didn't see any just like yours, but I didn't look at all the results, and there are plenty!

• User
    4 years ago

I seem to remember them being sold for hanging dish towels.

bleusblue2 thanked User
  • OutsidePlaying
    4 years ago

How big are those clips? Do you need two to hang a pair of pants for example or is one wide enough at the clamp part to hold?

• bleusblue2
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Malfleur & two25 -- whatever the original purpose they work for me. I feel spoiled and lazy to say it but, you know regular wooden pants hangers are so heavy & unwieldy. I even throw a few of these plastic ones in my suitcase when I travel. Malfleur -- I wonder if they are still sold in some kitchen store -- or maybe they came from China???

• bleusblue2
    Original Author
    4 years ago

OutsidePlaying

How big are those clips? Do you need two to hang a pair of pants for example or is one wide enough at the clamp part to hold?

~~~~

the clip part is a little wider than 5 inches. I only need one. For my knit tops I hold the shirt from the bottom and fold it over a couple of times and then clip it. They are never wrinkled as they might be when folded in a drawer. Five inches is plenty wide. I've also used it for certain casual dresses and for shawls. There's just something about the ease of clipping as compared to the pants hangers that take two steps (and two hands -- one to hold one to flip) to close the top if you can picture it. I don't have time now but I'll send a photo of a knit top in a clip.

• bleusblue2
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I tried to resize this image several times -- but I guess it doesn't hurt to show a big blurry photo. If I could hang most of my tops like this I'd be happy but I don't have enough of these hangers. All my slacks and jeans are hung like this though.

• Ziemia
    4 years ago

They are kind of like "chip clips". With a hanger.

bleusblue2 thanked Ziemia
  • bleusblue2
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ziemia -- that's right!

• arkansas girl
    4 years ago

Have you tried the wider skirt/pant hangers that are made of plastic and look similar except they are wider? I think those are still available and would work just as well for your shirts/sweaters/etc. plastic skirt hanger

bleusblue2 thanked arkansas girl
  • bleusblue2
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

You know thosse are fine -- but the one I showed is just a simple clip -- the potato chip bag clip as Ziemia points out. There's something so simple about it that I kind of enjoy hanging up my clothes. And something I hadn't thought about -- since they basically hang straight down, each one a long rectangle they are much more visible in my closet. They don't get jammed together -- I'm not looking at a lot of "shoulders", instead I see long pieces of fabric and I identify by colour right away. Truly it isn't that important. I'm just a fan of this kind of hanger! Fold the shirt quickly, grab & squeeze the hanger with one hand -- ready to hang.

---Oh Arkansas Girl -- I forgot to say THANK YOU for the research!

• arkansas girl
    4 years ago

I tried to look and look for that hanger of yours but I'm not finding them. They must have stopped making those. I just realized that I need a hanger with a single chip clip type of thing at the bottom to hang all sorts of odd things!