FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

loveblackandwhite

Slab Cabinets and appliances are ordered, need help with lots more!

Jana D.

Thank you to everyone that helped me decide the kitchen cabinets last month for our 1960's MCM Ranch House! The remodel official starts in 3 weeks, woohoo! I attached pictures of the layout again, cabinets and terrazzo floors. The Wall cabinets are slab style acrylic white gloss. Base cabinets are oak veneer, horizontal grain in "Sand" stain. Wall oven/microwave combo is standard stainless steel. Cooktop is black ceramic glass. Vent hood is an insert in middle cabinet over cooktop. Sink will be a one bowl brushed stainless-30 x 18, undermount. To save money keeping the same footprint, but will extend the sink side and will open wall up to family room and breakfast eating area. (drawing shows that.) The 4ft. support wall will remain and have 2 wall cabinets. I'm now trying to decide on cabinet hardware, countertop, faucet, pendant lights and backsplash. Whew! I attached pictures of favorite products I'm trying to decide on...(so many great products out there!) Any advice or opinions are very helpful!

Galley Kitchen- 12.5 ft. x 9.5 ft.

Oven side. Not in drawing (other end-. is breakfast eating area 6 ft. x 9.5ft., with big window/door to outside patio)

Sink side. 4ft wall stays, but rest will open to family room. Countertop will overhang for 3 barstools. Can't afford a countertop waterfall at the end of these cabinets. :(

Base slab cabinets/ appliance cab and around frig-Oak veneer, horizontal grain, med "Sand" stain.

I opted out of a pantry, so I could have more countertop and bigger drawer cabs. Can put a pantry in laundry room later if needed. Door to that room is next to Refrigerator.

Slab Base cabinets is this. Wall cabinets are acrylic high gloss white

Our Terrazzo floor-original!

Silestone-Calacatta Gold or Classic or Iconic white

Edge pulls or bars? -large on base cabinets, very small ones on wall cabinets. BUT, do I choose brushed satin nickel? or polished nickel? OR all in a satin brass for a break and to bring out coral and yellow tones in floor? Also, ALL door hardware in the home is the original brass.

This cool retro bar comes in brushed satin nickel and polished. Would it be strange to use on just the large sink and cooktop base cabinets in the same finish as edge pulls?

if I choose a gold satin brass or honey bronze cab hardware, what about faucet? Stainless steel or a champagne gold/bronze?

Then pendant lights...Oh my, so many! Need 2, spaced evenly. (one over sink, the other over open bar area, side by side.)

Globe, wood-look metal/ clear bottom. To me, this would only work if I use NO gold metals.

Black. Brass- Clear glass shade. Would look good IF I used gold cabinet hardware and gold or black faucet?? Help balance black in appliances?

Keep with more white? since ceilings are only 8ft? This come in matte black too.

Then, I found these lovely ones today. Oh, might have to make pendant choice at the end?

And backsplash at the very end, since it's a DIY- husband and wife team. But I feel I have to have an idea, as I pick the cabinet hardware and faucet.

But this is what I like so far...

I love graphic patterns like this or a hexagon. White, if it can go with white gloss cabinets and counter. Otherwise, a soft warm gray.

A neutral stacked install, even narrower/ longer tiles I would like better,

But, if I'm brave enough to bring in some color. Maybe a gray-green or even turquoise to complement the orange, yellow and light grey stones in the Terrazzo floor??

We do have lots of green outside and huge trees...

So sorry, I got carried away with all the photos. It's so hard to decide on all the last parts and keep in budget, without sacrificing style and quality.

Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated, so I can start to narrow down and make my next orders. Thank you in advance!!