Software
Houzz Logo Print
pfarrelli

Crabgrass after hydroseed

7 years ago

Hi, About three weeks ago I hydroseeeded about 1500 square feet of space on the side of my house. It started to germinate fast (5 days). Probably the Fescue. I suspect the Rye is up now too, and I am not sure about the Kentucky. If it takes 4 to 6 weeks for Kentucky then i'd say no, but I really am not skilled enough to see the differences between new grasses. Anyway, at this time, being no preemergent was in the hydroseed mix, I am starting to get quite a bit of crabgrass. I don't want to add anything at risk of killing off new grass. Is the best plan to leave as is and let teh grass germinate as best it can? Or pull by hand stomping all over the new grass? Maybe Overseed in the fall to thicken the grass and add a preemergent in the spring? Decisions decisions!!

Comments (3)