nicemare

walk in pantry

nicemare

what Is best type of shelving / organization / layout ideas for this walk in pantry? Adjustable shelves, counter top , peg board any advice greatly appreciated Will have a upright freezer

GN Builders L.L.C

Laminated shelving organizer, you can pretty much create any design that you like from it, we do it all the time... you can add drawers, doors, etc or you can also create the layout with open shelving using white laminated kitchen cabinetry.

• Toronto Veterinarian

Personal choice - I wanted open wire shelving so there would be a more spacious look and so there would be less dusting involved, LOL. Also, I can use hooks to hang things temporarily (eg to dry my icing piping bag). Other people like solid shelves because it's more secure for smaller items and they like the more solid look. I also have some wall space where I've hung a broom and small mop for quick clean up of spills.

• Buehl

Another reason for solid shelving is that spills don't fall through to the shelves below.

If you plan to put a freezer in the pantry, be sure you have very good ventilation. Freezers put out a lot of heat, which isn't good for food! Pantries should be cool, dry, and dark.

12" deep shelves are the "sweet spot" depth.

• Buehl

Also, the same considerations apply to a freezer as a refrigerator.

Landing space within 48 inches on the handle side and sufficient space between the wall and freezer to allow the freezer to open fully without hitting the wall.

• Buehl

Have you seen the pantry thread from the Read Me thread?