Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_145818482

What to put up top this TV and fireplace?!

7 years ago

Hey guys! Been having so much difficulty figuring out what to decorate the space on top of the fireplace and TV with. I’ve been slowly revamping every room of the house and I’ve tried a few different combos of things up there, but I’ve not really liked anything so far! I also need to change up what’s going on in the two sides spaces where the vases currently are. I don’t know why I’m having so much difficulty with this space!! Any suggestions would be awesome!!!!



Comments (8)

  • 7 years ago

    Hey! Thanks for the comment! Ugh, I wish I can tear down the whole thing and revamp it-but unfortunately, for the foreseeable future, I don’t think it will be feasible with our budget. That’s why I’m trying to figure out what to do with this space. I’m thinking of painting the whole living room white as well, which I think will also brighten up the space. For the TV, going to get a closed cabinet that’s also white and won’t look as ugly as the current situation.

    And they are niches! They are quite deep, and have lighting installed above!

  • 7 years ago

    Please take a few more photos from further back so that we can see what is going on with the entire wall. With this information we can be more helpful.

  • 7 years ago

    Oh dear. I agree with NYCish. There's just too much wrong with this feature. You have to wonder what on earth the builder was thinking. Set a budget goal and rebuild. Even a simple fix of demolishing the whole wall, cantering the fireplace, then re-drywalling would be an improvement.

  • 7 years ago

    Maybe paint the whole thing/wall black or a deep navy blue, trim and all so it doesnt look so cut up.









    you could turn those tall niches into bookshelves cheaply and fill em up with wonderful books.


    Then a couple of sculpture pieces of some sort you love in the top niche. Since its so wide, maybe two of the same facing each other? Like two horses facing each other.



    Or a pair of cool vintage brass roosters


    Those are easily found on etsy.


    Whats up behind the tv? Just another niche? Id move the tv away from that wall for sure. Could be cool just to fill that niche with neatly stacked wood (even if the fireplace is gas) just for decor’s sake.



    Alternatively you could fill the two side niches with wood and put books (or something else) in the lower niche





    Then you could finish it all off with two accent chairs like the picture above.


    Just some ideas, I'm no pro :)

  • 7 years ago

    Hey guys I think she’s looking for something quick and budget friendly! Not something like tearing down the whole wall. I’d recommend painting that wall a darker colour like someone else had suggested, perhaps a 2 toned living room? A dark colour, with white as you suggested. Bookshelves on the side would also look amazing! I’m looking forward to how you plan on redesigning this area. This Will be a challenge ! Goodluck. Xoxo

  • 7 years ago

    Need a picture from further back. But a quick budget get High heat black spray paint get rid of the gold on fireplace insert.

  • 7 years ago

    I'm Put in two to three decorative items on top (can be statutes, picture frames, or anything decorative you have laying around the house).

    You can put in a row of battery operated candles in different lengths, or something like it.

    Endless on what you can do to spruce it up!