Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elena_kazakova54

Blotched big tile job? (repost)

Elena Kazakova
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I hired a contractor to finish up a small basement bathroom. A previous contractor abandon the project before completing it. His work was of good quality, floor tiling and building a tiled shower pan. Unfortunately he was a jerk, long story. The new one did an OK job installing drywall , texturing and painting. However, today when I was checking what has been done over the last 3 days (I was away), I noticed that his tiling is very sub par. At least on one wall it is. The tiles are large, there is no accent tiles, just plain white big porcelain tiles. As simple as it gets. However he managed to make them slightly not vertical. The wall is 84+ inches high and because of this "slight" imperfection the bottom tile (cut) is 1 inch narrower than the top. The tiles have not been grouted yet. I am attaching pictures. The vertical protrusion on the right is an enforced stud to hang a corner glass enclosure shower unit, very heavy. The shower corner has 2 of those. They are strictly vertical, I measured.

Now the question:

Is there a way to fix it without ripping out the wall/cement board?

I am going to confront him about it but I want to access the scope of the damage.

Thank you.

Comments (5)