Under counter beverage centers

Denise Shoop

Anyone have any experience or recommendations for an under the counter beverage center for wines on one side and soda or other beverages on the other? I have looked into Avallon, Avanti, Edgestar and a few others I'd never heard of. None have stellar reviews and very few stores here have them in stock to view. We are hoping to put a unit in our kitchen remodel. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• luckyblueeye

Following...I was looking at the same exact ones. Nothing under $4K has great reviews.

Denise Shoop thanked luckyblueeye
  • justerrilynn

Have you looked at the summit duel zone french door beverage coolers? Reasonable and nice looking!

Denise Shoop thanked justerrilynn
  • GreenDesigns

You are looking at utter junk. $1600 is about the starting point for any real and functional beverage cooler. You need a separate one for wine. The combo units are useless jokes.

Denise Shoop thanked GreenDesigns
  • justerrilynn

My piece of junk Summit duel zone has served us well for four or more years now. Maybe I just got lucky . I think it’s in the $1,300 to $1,400 range now. It was under 1,200 when I bought It.

• Denise Shoop

I have not looked at the Summit dual zone, but will now. Thanks for the suggestion. Could you please share which model you purchased? Thanks justerrilynn.

• justerrilynn

Denise, I’m not sure... my kitchen is ripped apart at the moment as I’m doing a partial facelift. I used mine on an end run (not near dishwasher) and ordered a cherry top for it to join up with the granite in height. I think whatever model this is it can also be built-in but I’m not certain. When I have time I’ll look through my files.

Denise Shoop thanked justerrilynn
  • Casamacho

I did a lot of research and found a lot of great ones under 1,000 contrary to what GreenDesigns said above. But we all know his obsession with thinking all things kitchen should be 3-5x the amount they actually are for most of us lol. Anyway, we went with Kalamera dual zone with a lock for each side, got it at home depot on sale for under $700.

Denise Shoop thanked Casamacho
  • live_wire_oak

Summit is a good choice. There are a few name brands sold at the box stores that are OK. Like KitchenAid /Whirlpool. Most are poor quality disposables that have 1 year of warranty. They are also impossible to get any service under any that warranty, so are disposable instead. Having any combo unit shorts one of the beverages. Either the beverages are too warm, which is the usual case, or the wine is too cold.

Denise Shoop thanked live_wire_oak

Thanks for the additional comments. Much appreciated!

• Denise Shoop

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations.