msmeow

Wow, two finishes!

msmeow

I can’t believe I finally finished something! I think these are my first two completed projects this year.

This is the quilt for my sister’s birthday. The top was made by my mom, probably in the late 1990s. I added the borders and quilted it. The piano key border is made from rectangles mom had cut out for some other project. There were exactly enough to go around! The back is a pink and green print I’ve had for a long time.

And this is the Hunter Star wall hanging, finally finished. :)

I did meander quilting in the center and leaves in the border.

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Donna, The rectangles were meant to be the border! How often would that happen? Is your sister aware you're making this for her? It's an awesome gift! I like the blue in with the black/white fabric. Makes it look wintery to me. :-)

msmeow thanked geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
  • msmeow

Sharon, the quilt is a surprise. Her birthday is Saturday. I imagine there may be a few tears!

Donna

• loisflan

Donna, how special that you were able to finish your mom's quilt for your sister. What a treasure! I love the Hunter's Star pattern. And Sharon is right - it does look very wintery. Very nice work, and congratulations on your finishes.

msmeow thanked loisflan
  • grammyp

Donna, what a special gift for your sister. I'm sure there will be tears.

msmeow thanked grammyp
  • nannykins

Well done, Donna. Love both!

Theresa

msmeow thanked nannykins
  • bev2009

What a wonderful gift for your sister. Don't you love it when a project comes together! Both quilts are lovely.

msmeow thanked bev2009
  • Larri

Both are fantastic finishes! Your sister is sure to cherish the quilt you finished for her. What a lovely gift.

msmeow thanked Larri
  • ritaweeda

Yes those border fabrics were perfect for that quilt. And I love the Hunter's Star block - it's one I always forget about doing, too. Very nice.

msmeow thanked ritaweeda
  • Char

Donna, both are gorgeous and the treasured one from your mom is a wonderful gift indeed! Very well done!

msmeow thanked Char
  • fran1523

Very nice. The pieces in the first quilt look like the were made for each other