Software
Houzz Logo Print
edavt04

Re-furnishing living/dining area - advise needed

13 years ago
Hey guys!
My old apartment furniture does not work in this space for living/dining, see pics.
Here's what I don't like about the space and what needs to be changed:
-Sectional couch is too large for a combined living/dining space. It interferes with traffic flow and takes over 2/3 of a room that is supposed to be for both living AND dining! However, I like that sectional couch is separating living and dining area by it's back.
-The counter-height table is inappropriate in this space as well, I need a regular height table. It seems that it blocks the view when you just enter the room (see the very 1st picture). At first I thought the counter height table will visually separate dining and living area, but I feel that something is off...

Things I will be purchasing:
-smaller sectional (this one is 112inches long, I will purchase a similar one but 82 inches long)
-round or square normal-height EXPANDABLE table.
-TV will be mounted to the wall with a floating dvd player unit.

QUESTION TO YOU:
what shape table would you recommend? The room has vaulted ceilings.