Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_533663990

Sectional Dilemma

7 years ago

We just got our sectional delivered for our bonus room/playroom and I think it is way too short for the room. We measured it in the store and the sales lady who is an interior designer said it was a perfect length- silly me for listening! Looking for ideas of ways to fill that gap. It’s a little over 3feet by 3 feet.



Comments (19)

  • 7 years ago

    I thinks it fits fine. Pull it out of the corner a bit and use and end table by the opening.

    Erin F thanked wsea
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Hi. Could we please see photos of the rest of the space? Thanks.


    Will there be a tv in the room?



    Erin F thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • 7 years ago

    Center on the wall, move the light to the right, table and lamp on the left. It looks good! Any bigger would look stuffed into the room. Love the wall color too!

    Erin F thanked kulrn
  • 7 years ago

    Here’s the rest of the room- it’s a big mess right now! We centered it and I think it looks better! Any color recommendations for throw pillows and drapes would be appreciated too! None of the furniture that is in there besides the couch will be staying. For now, no tv but in a couple of years we plan on getting one.




  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago





  • 7 years ago





  • 7 years ago

    For the curtains I'd look for something in cream and teal or whatever is close to the wall color, it could be stripes or another pattern. Since the sectional and wall color make the room seem dark I'd choose pillows in lighter colors, cream, a lighter blue than the wall color and lemon yellow for an accent color, which will "lift" the dark tones in the room. I agree that a floor lamp is a better bet than what you have now.

    Erin F thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 7 years ago

    I would actually un-center it just a bit, put an end table on the left end, and replace that torchiere lamp with a real one, maybe an arc lamp.


    What's on the other walls? TV? Toy storage?

    Erin F thanked groveraxle
  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I see two torchiere lamps and a ladder shelf. IMO, they all belong back in the dorm. Depending on the ages of kids who will use this room, there are better solutions here.


    ETA: I see one is a baby. I'd get rid of the ladder shelves before that one starts walking...and climbing.

  • 7 years ago

    following

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    The sectional is taking up a majority of the room. Thanks for those other photos.

    I would

    -put an arc lamp on the right side

    -put an end table on the left side (or put the playpen there and later a table)

    -consider returning the ottoman (it is huge) (but maybe with kids, this is what you want).

    -buy a unit that can serve as a tv console in the future and is good storage for you now. (ladder wall)

    -Ladder serves no function and is a hazard with kids. Please remove.



    Erin F thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • 7 years ago

    You have two empty ideabooks. I would suggest you devote one to playrooms, look at the thousands of photos on Houzz and the internet, and save the very best ideas and the looks you like the best.


    Here's a great storage wall that could be modified to hold a TV.

    Golden Beach Res. · More Info

    There are hundreds more photos here: https://www.houzz.com/photos/playroom-design-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_730~a_13-385

  • 7 years ago

    Thanks everyone! As I stated, the only furniture that will be staying in the room is the couch- I know that the ladder shelf isn’t safe and the lamps are ugly lol! We just moved in and this has been are dumping room.

  • 7 years ago

    Kid friendly artwork, plug-in pendants instead of lamps, and large soft toys from Ikea instead of pillows:


  • 7 years ago

    following

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Groveraxle--LOVE Sam Toft's artwork--perfect for a "Family" friendly room! I have "Bums on Seat" in my guest bath :)



  • 7 years ago

    Chocolate, you can't not smile at Sam Toft's work. It was between him and Ryan Fowler's dogs. I meant to add in my comment that canvas art is more kid friendly than framed; when baby starts reaching and it falls on his head, it won't hurt.

  • 7 years ago

    Can you buy a one-seat section to add to make it the size you want? We went to the store with particular dimensions and when we mentioned that the sectional we liked was a bit small for the space, the saleswoman said we could order an extra one-seat section and it worked out perfectly. If we hadn't mentioned it, we never would have known we had that option.