Software
Houzz Logo Print
katyajini

what is happening??

6 years ago

I cant post anymore. I tried to write the same post 5 times literally and it vanished every time. I dont get a single notification. Does someone have something against me? have I offended anyone?

Comments (34)

  • 6 years ago

    well that shrill post went up

  • 6 years ago

    i'm having the exact same problem!


    katyajini thanked Kimberly zone 10 so cal
  • 6 years ago

    It's not you Katya. Houzz can be very temperamental. I could post 10 photos one day and 2 the next.

    katyajini thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 6 years ago

    Agree with Sheila.

    It is not you but Houzz who needs to update !!!


    jin


    katyajini thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    I have not been able to post pics, I wait until they are not greyed out, hit submit and poof, gone. Its It's annoying when you have a long post.

    katyajini thanked ladybug A 9a Houston area
  • 6 years ago

    Rekha, that is exactly what happens to me. One day it works, the next day it doesnt. Its so annoying when there are other sites where all my photos upload instantly and I dont even have to resize them lol.

    Maybe Houzz is trying to make us all mad enough to leave :/

    katyajini thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • 6 years ago

    We keep losing our members because of the difficulty getting our posts and pictures to load

    I know it is super frustrating and Houzz doesn't seem to care because this has been on going for a long time now.

    We all feel your pain . The only way that I have been able to post pictures is to load them into my Houzz idea book and post them from that

    Good luck

    katyajini thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 6 years ago

    It's definitely not you.

    I have the same problem.

    katyajini thanked Tammy (Southern Ont) Zone 4/5 USDA
  • 6 years ago

    I’ve been having a rough few days too...only with pics. Simple text seems fine

    katyajini thanked oursteelers 8B PNW
  • 6 years ago

    I made one post 4 times, before it finally posted.
    I thought perhaps Houzz had blocked me.


    katyajini thanked jerijen
  • 6 years ago

    I just made my fourth try, one photo this time, and an hour later it still has not posted. I give up.

    katyajini thanked mossy44_z7bwa
  • 6 years ago

    Welllll, Jin you did post that recipe for Alfalfa tea that caused almost all of my old roses to produce new canes…. maybe they plan on selling some of their own tea. Just saying… lol

    katyajini thanked toolbelt68
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I think I understand what's going on... just like our power companies, they are attempting to push us to the point where we are willing to either shut up, go away and leave them be or PAY MORE for the privilege of things working as they should. Not to brag, but this post just went through perfectly the first time, as every one I make does and has, but it also allowed me to edit it without issue and, let's see if I can post a photo...


    katyajini thanked roseseek
  • 6 years ago

    Yup, worked just like a charm.

  • 6 years ago

    So -- WHY?

  • 6 years ago

    I dunno. I didn't have problems on Chrome and I'm not having them on Firefox. My ISP is Comcast cable which has a lousy reputation but hasn't been awful to us....yet, in the five-plus years we've had them. I have an over abundance of RAM on the lap top simply because I don't store massive amounts of "stuff" on it and we don't run a dozen other devices on the WiFi at the same time (just one other lap top), so I know there isn't competition for band width issues nor available memory in the computer. I wonder if some of the issues are with ISP's throttling band width? I had some issues years ago in Encino on Time Warner (Ew! Pardon me while I wash my hands in BLEACH for even typing the name!) and they were finally identified as band width dilution. The hill was wired for "THIRTY MODEMS" and was currently running "THREE HUNDRED MODEMS" while the issues were happening. I stood at the base of the pole and heard the workman yell that into the phone to his supervisor. Once they rewired the neighborhood, the issues cleared. Every flipping afternoon at 3 when all the "cherubs" arrived home from detention, all band width evaporated and nothing worked. I understand sites have "issues" and they range from updates which are needed, don't go through appropriately, hosting servers not working properly, bot attacks trying to bring sites down, etc., but shouldn't most of those affect everyone similarly? Curiosity leads me to attempt to do what complaints against indicate shouldn't work. Why do they work when I try them? Have the issues already cleared, or is it other problems?


    katyajini thanked roseseek
  • 6 years ago

    ...something appears to have happened within the last month as on Sept 18th I posted a load of photos to another forum here at Houzz and they all went through,... I was putting 8 or 9 pics in one go easily... I've just tried the same thing, same size photos and all but they've disappeared into cyber space...

    katyajini thanked User
  • 6 years ago

    Kim, I have had less problems than most too, but this w/e only 1-2 photos at a time posted. This is on them for sure.

  • 6 years ago

    I remember a 5/31/18? was it that everything went on the blink at once. This is better than that.

  • 6 years ago

    well, i went back to that date 5/31/18. I still cant type or do anything now except when i am on computer but if this goes than i am living the nightmare all over again.


    jin




  • 6 years ago

    Has to be "other" problems. I have only EVER had trouble with Houzz.


  • 6 years ago

    Thank you everyone. So these problems happen some of the time to most of and is only getting worse? What I was trying to post last night posted a little while ago, but not 5 copies of it. many hours later? what does one make of it? server problems? could it really be so cynical as what roseseek says? But I dont get a single notification still

  • 6 years ago

    I don't think it's us. I just think Houzz is haunted, lol!!

  • 6 years ago

    I get notifications from every post I engage in until I unsubscribe from them. I don't know what to tell you. It works for me, and no, I have never bought anything from Houzz and promise I NEVER will.

  • 6 years ago

    Roseseek I just laughed out loud about your time warner issues, I also spent a year yelling at them until they rewired my whole neighborhood.

    I suspect houzz just updated something and accidentally broke everything, and haven’t finished fixing it yet. For some reason their app is worse than the browser, which makes no sense at all.

  • 6 years ago

    Oh, Amanda! I'm so sorry! YEARS on TW (where's the bleach????) and it was ALWAYS "MY" fault or the fault of MY equipment. The wiring on that ridge dated from "Z Channel". Remember them? The house was wired by Z Channel and with each merger and buy-out, new equipment arrived until TW insisted it would be better for us to BUY our equipment from them, which we did. From that day forward, no matter what the issue, it was MY fault. I'll tell you what, the day I called them to severe ties and discontinue service, I was GIDDY! "We can follow you to your new home!" Oh, NO you CAN'T! LOL! Gawd I HATE Time Warner!

  • 6 years ago

    I love this talk about ISP's as I am in the middle of possibly changing over to "The Dark Side"--xfinity/comcast (one of the happiest days of my life was when I returned all their equipment to them years ago for my TV and went with Dish). I am fed up with ATT only giving me 8 m (whatever) of bandwidth and them stating it is the most I can get from them (due to where I live), until magically, when I went to cancel the service, now I can get UP TO 75 m (whatever) for a reduced price than what I was paying for a lousy 8 and oh, my phone will be cheaper too. They finally got down to the price of xfinity (and beyond) as I call them.

    Xfinity came out and stated, on the day of install (Monday) of my new internet service and phone, that it has to lay all new lines from the street to the house as they were so badly corroded, they couldn't install on what was left there. Oh, and that will take place within a two weeks or a month or so but they couldn't tell me when. Meanwhile--no phone or internet for a month? I don't think so! So back to ATT at the increased 75 m (whatever).

    I will try ATT and see how it does (they install this Thursday) and if I don't like it, change over in a month to the Dark Side--Xfinity and beyond. UGH! Of course, when I use the computer the most is when they ratchet everything down in the middle of the night. I miss internet regulation! Kim, can I borrow some bleach from you now?

  • 6 years ago

    Ouch! I am SO sorry! Not to totally hijack the thread, but DirecTv is almost as awful, but if you go to Costco, they have a "dedicated number and people" to provide you service and pricing. When we moved up here, they bundled Verizon landline phone with DirecTv for a two year contract. I didn't want anything to do with Comcast because, well, you know, they're COMCAST with all that entails. But, they were the ONLY cable Internet and had no satellite lag. I didn't want to give them everything because they are COMCAST, except DirecTv doesn't bloody WORK unless EVERYTHING is on THEM, including Internet and, just like TW (BLEACH!), it always YOUR FAULT.


    Suddenly, Verizon isn't Verizon anymore, but Frontier and DirecTv is suddenly owned by ATT and nothing is who or what they were except Comcast, which actually WORKS and hasn't been any problems with service, pricing or anything, but DirecTv is ALWAYS something, even with new wiring. Oh, a bird flew across your dish? It won't work for a few days. Oops! The humidity is higher than single digits? You'll have to mess around with all the inside equipment to get it to function. Oh, you can't record and play any movies or other programs because we don't recognize your Internet (even though it's the fastest available in the area, period.) So, SUPPOSEDLY Costco's number and person can fix all of this...except that means a CONTRACT for TWO YEARS and I am not convinced I want to be restrained for any period of time, by ANYONE. Other than DirecTv's horrid service and increasing costs, the only constant has been Comcast just WORKING and not jacking anything, including the price, around. Amen to the regulation. I want every movement they make regulated to within an inch of their lives. It's only taken a few explosions at the poor Costco person who irritatingly pushes to ask about my TV provider to get him to recognize me and leave me ALONE.

  • 6 years ago

    Roseseek, yeah it was ridiculous. Although I think Time Warner turned into Comcast and now Spectrum? I don't know if there is any difference between the companies. When I called to complain about slow internet, they would always ask if I was playing video games, and I was like, NO, I am searching for freelance jobs on craigslist, and emailing. If you can't email text, I'm pretty sure it's not high speed internet! My new neighborhood, the cable works just fine though, little outages here and there but nothing exciting. Just a tip though, if you call customer service and just start yelling level three, they will transfer you to someone who is an actual technical person who speaks english.

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks for that tip! Over the past five years, I have learned how to actually yell at that level, something I was raised to feel was uncouth and NOT anything I would ever wish to have associated with me. Now, I've learned. The scariest part is just how SATISFYING being that ugly can be. It's like a drug. Be careful.

  • 6 years ago

    oh no I meant, level three technical support, it's what they call it, level one and level two don't know anything :) Calm talking to the level three support people once you get there :) They just don't like to connect you to it.

  • 6 years ago

    While I don't know about their ISP (Hugh's Net---but haven't heard the best about that either), however, I LOVE my Dish! No outages and it works beautifully and fabulous picture quality. It is working when Comcast (AKA The Dark Side) is not. I have only had one outage for about 20 seconds when a thunderstorm was directly overhead. Hugh's Net (Dish's Satellite ISP) uses whomever they contract with for internet lines to install--here it is Verizon and ATT.

    Same thing goes on at Sam's Club that apparently goes on at Costco. When the unsuspecting Direct TV person approaches me, I tell them I am a Dish customer for LIFE. I will NEVER change and please leave me alone. Boyfriend thinks I am rude but he also hates Direct TV as well as he had horrible service from them. Yuck! Time for more bleach!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I have fiber optic cable from ATT which runs underground so no interference from storms, tree branches etc. We have a new modem and wifi extenders, and very fast internet, because dh and sons play computer games online alot etc.

    The ONLY website I have trouble from is HOUZZ. Its inconsistant from day to day whether the pics upload or not. It doesnt seem to matter if I'm on my phone, laptop, tablet or one of the desktop computers..some days it just all sucks..but only on HOUZZ lol.