Software
Houzz Logo Print
icedana

Managing a renovation alone: the final push

6 years ago

Hi everyone,


I'm 8 weeks into renovating my 650ft2 apartment- the walls, the ceiling, the floors, kitchen, bathroom... everything was removed and is being rebuilt.


I live alone and bought the apartment with my ex 5 years ago (he moved out almost a year ago). I think I underestimated how tough it is to do this while working full time and, like all renovations, there have been issues with timelines, budget, compromises and practical decisions (although my primary contractor and PM passed away 4 weeks into the project so it added an extra level of stress).


I'm lucky that we're running only a week behind schedule (due to finish in about 2 weeks) but I'm mentally exhausted and am sick of living out of a suitcase (at a friend's place). I don't know anyone who's taken on a renovation of this scale (it's a small place but I moved everything out to start from scratch) and I've felt quite lonely through the process... more and more as I reach the end. Any words of wisdom (or comfort) for the final few weeks?

Comments (5)