Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mstinamichelle

Would you decrease the sink base to get more room right of DW?

Tina S
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Solved: I didn't realize the sinks I was looking at had minimum base sizes. I mean I know your base has to be the correct size for the sink to fit but didn't realize the ones I was looking at were so big I guess. If you still want to look at the link I posted you can. I added more info.

My KD added a 36" sink base to the base run. I am putting in an under-mount sink. In order to get more room to the right of the dw, would you go with a 30" base instead? I'm clearly not understanding why one would go with one sink base size vs another or pros/cons to doing so. The idea behind this is to get more room to the right of the dw (although I don't like the 12" pull out either and going slightly bigger gives me slightly more choices). However, this change is throwing several things off along this run and not sure its worth all this trouble. Here's what my KD had to say...

· "Reduce the DW to 18” – that would increase the base cabinet to the right of the dishwasher from 12” to 18”

· Reduce the sink base to 30” – that would increase the base cabinet to the right of the dishwasher from 12” to 15”, and the base cabinet to the left of the cooktop from 18” to 21” (this is to keep the sink centered under the window)… please note though, for 21”W cabinets there are only two options: 1) cupboard with door and internal roll-out drawers, or 2) cupboard with door and internal shelves."

I think I just answered my own question. I dont want cupboards or roll-outs next to my range, I want drawers. We could leave drawers and add fillers though.

Here's my other post if want to read it. The dilemma has been solved, but more stuff added since.

Comments (4)