Software
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Another November Garden Post

I apologize for the appearance of everything, but it's all being eaten up. The roses try to grow taller, but with most of the new growth being eaten it's probably a lost cause. However, there are still a few intrepid sweethearts that try to keep going, and I love their steadfastness.


The winter rains, which were such a lifesaver last year, are not projected to be very abundant this year, and the NOAA forecast is not good. However, we live in hope and I would love it if the reality is better than what's promised.


Continued below.....

Comments (19)

  • 6 years ago


    Bishop's Castle, Duchesse de Brabant and SdlM

  • 6 years ago


    Bishop's Castle
    Potter and Moore

  • 6 years ago


    Gruss an Aachen
    Rosette Delizy

  • 6 years ago


  • 6 years ago



    Madame Lambard

  • 6 years ago

    Ingrid, always beautiful. You inspire me. I love the spare setting. I'm sorry it is predators causing damage, but all looks charming.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 6 years ago

    Hello Ingrid....your roses are looking beautiful! I agree with Helen, you have many more blooms than most this time of year, even with the lack of rain and animals. Any buds I have now are a soggy mess, with only a very few exceptions :)

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
  • 6 years ago

    I always state that your garden is so tranquil. It is beautiful and I love the late blooms.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
  • 6 years ago

    Your roses are lovely, Ingrid. I love your beautiful view.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • 6 years ago

    Beautiful roses, Ingrid. I hope you get plenty of rain soon. Even with the dry conditions, the blooms are wonderful, I love the pink and pink blend shades.

    It's nice to see photos of flowers, snowy winter weather has arrived here.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Krista_5NY
  • 6 years ago

    Ingrid, I am blown away by your Potter and Moore rose. What spectacular blooms. Your Bishops Castle is lovely!

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 6 years ago

    Thank you all so much. I have a lot to be grateful for given that so many parts of the country are facing very cold conditions already, and that after miserably hot summers in the same places. None of us knows what the future will bring, but I'm immensely grateful for all the years when the garden was thriving and all the animals had other things to eat beside my garden. I'm glad I took lots of pictures!

  • 6 years ago

    It’s still so breathtaking, but I understand how it must be to see so much change. You’ve done an incredible job adapting and maintaining all that beauty. It’s a glorious garden! :-)

  • 6 years ago

    Ingrid, you have such a beautiful garden and a breath taking landscape . Look at those loving blooms and colours. I absolutely love Rosette Delizy. Bishop's Castle, Potter and Moore and Madam Lombard is so gorgeous pink .

    Ingrid, if only my garden looks 1/4 as lovely as yours, I will be so happy. You have inspired me a lot and i wish i can give you a hug . Thank you for posting pics.

    You have great selection of roses which i truly enjoy seeing them.




  • 6 years ago

    Ingrid, the ones left are so beautiful! I have been inspired by you and Shelia to get more Tea roses, since they really seem to do well in our hot and dry climate. My Teas are Monsieur Tillier, Mrs Dudley Cross, Rosette Delizy, Madame Joseph Schwartz (white sport of Duchesse De Brabant) and Gilbert Nabonnand.

  • 6 years ago

    Yes, Ingrid.

    I was about to comment that your roses were not up to my expectations, but then I saw this:


    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9yesterday

    I apologize for the appearance of everything, but it's all being eaten up.


    Therefore (as you apologized in advance), I will not post my criticisms.



  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I know rifis! How could one post such a thing! Oh Ingrid, if you could only see this through our eyes, although I know the frustration of animals and you have past years for comparison. But truly, you are so hard on yourself with all you accomplish in such trying circumstances. Yours is the most peaceful place and that reflects the spirit of the gardener. It's amazing to see what has thrived in these circumstances. In some ways, having the landscape punctuated with less colour almost brings out the remaining roses' beauty more. Please continue sharing your wonderful garden. I will never tire of seeing it!

  • 6 years ago

    I wont get tired of it either :)

    When you did not post few months ago. I actually called Lisa to ask about you .