Software
Houzz Logo Print
joealvord

Inspired by Ingrid.

Roses blooming in November are such treasures. I have a mishmash of varieties, but Tea roses and chinas and Hybrid Musks and noisettes are still going. The European OGRs are slumbering and the couple HTs.

Comments (29)

  • 6 years ago


    ALM and Munstead Wood.
    Georgetown Tea
    Danae HM
    This is Anna Olivier pretending to be cream colored.
    Monsieur Tillier out of focus sadly.



  • 6 years ago


    Teasing Georgia
    Wasagaming rugosa foliage.
    New lilacs from Peter Schneider planted along S fence.
    St. Cecilia from Hortico from Rick I believe.
    Stucco Tea garden.



  • 6 years ago


    Lady Ann Kidwell
    Stucco Tea chaos
    Wood fence Tea garden MFK
    Georgetown Tea in a different color mood.
    ALM and MW at dusk.



  • 6 years ago

    Wow Shelia!! If I had all those roses still blooming this time of year, I'd be walking around in my garden all day swooning :) Everything is looking so good, including the rose foliage.


    All my sun is gone now because of some 200 foot Douglas Firs to the south of my garden that are now blocking most of the sun. I am seriously thinking of moving to a sunnier place when my kids go off to college :))

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Rosylady (PNW zone 8)
  • 6 years ago


    Madame Lombard showing light blooms.
    Archduke Charles always looks good.
    Fall stucco Tea garden.
    Le Vesuve with sycamore
    MAM



  • 6 years ago


    William R. Smith supposedly.
    Georgetown Tea and Rosette Delizy
    St. Cecilia from Hortico
    Jude the Obscure last hurrah.
    Munstead Wood
    Not pots, again.




  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, how wonderful to have all this going on in November. I just love your countryside, as well as your beautiful roses. Love the rugosa foliage and await the showing of those lilacs. That will be something to see. St Cecilia has an interesting shaded center, and Madame Lombard is stunning. Everything is just glowing. Thanks for these refreshing views of your garden. Diane

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, gorgeous garden especially at this time of the year! Love all your roses. Helen

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, I love seeing your garden. It's like visiting a beloved friend.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked titian1 10b Sydney
  • 6 years ago

    Oh Sheila, thanks for sharing! I think I'd have a hard time leaving for work every morning with such a beautiful garden under those lovely skies! :)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Dotsie Adams 8b
  • 6 years ago

    Absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Appreciate the beautiful pictures so much!

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    It’s all so lovely, I enjoy seeing all the natural beauty and your roses enhance it so much, they’re gorgeous!

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked sara_ann-z6bok
  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, wow, everything is still looking fabulous. Haven't we had the best fall.

    Are you still watering? My husband turned off our water so that the pipes wouldn't freeze. I was going to check in with you to see what you are doing.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 6 years ago

    Thank you all for the support. Rosylady, I really know what you mean about picking your post kids living site depending on the gardening potential. I had had enough of the Northern woods myself. Kristine, we had turned off irrigation briefly three weeks ago, then turned it back on when rain did not materialize. I guess we'll have to play it by ear. This has been a great Fall here. I would be very irritated if all got cut down by frost like summers and Diane's areas, and then this lovely weather followed.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Sheila, I was talking to Carol at northland Rosarium and she suggested that I continue to water. Hopefully we get some rain soon

    As much as I am enjoying this weather I am ready for rain

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • 6 years ago

    Beautiful roses and garden scenes. Plants, sky and evergreen trees, it all looks delightful.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Krista_5NY
  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, everyone has already stolen all the words of praise, and I can only say how happy I am that you can call this beautiful place home, with all these gorgeous roses to give it such a uniquely beautiful feeling. You can be so very proud of what you've created, and I imagine the roses talk to you, thanking you for giving them such a perfect home.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
  • 6 years ago

    Thank you, Ingrid. You have been so inspirational. I think rose communications have gone both ways here.

  • 6 years ago

    Very beautiful roses and landscape . Shiela, your garden looks amazing .


    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    Truly amazing!!!!

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked pippacovalent
  • 6 years ago

    It’s the gift that keeps on giving! I’ve been super-inspired by your tea rose gardens, Sheila, and how you’ve complimented the scenery with your plantings. You and Ingrid have done such a good job of showing how you can incorporate roses into any planting scheme. So thanks to you both!! :-)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
  • 6 years ago

    Shelia, fabulous! I love fall roses! You and Ingrid inspired me to buy more Tea roses this year. I have in pots that need planting, Rosette Delizy, Madame Joseph Schwartz and Gilbert Nabonnand. Tea roses seem to be very compatible with a drier California garden.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Stephanie, 9b inland SoCal
  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Okay, this is for all you guys esp for Ingrid and nit forgetting Shiela . Also to many of you guys. ( fig. Of speech). I know...it is my favorite song and i am sure it is yours too......

    https://youtu.be/kN1WoneA1Kw

    Enjoy :)

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, your Georgetown Teas are superlative. I had one, but it grew backwards and has been gone for over a year.


    All your roses, and your property, are magnificent. As Ingrid inspired you, you must be inspiring many people on this forum today!

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • 6 years ago

    I really appreciate all your support, thank you all. I forgot where you are, Sylvia. Your location is not printing on my computer. I'm sure your location is the issue with Georgetown Tea. This forum has helped me so much with what types of roses grow in different parts of the country. I am really grateful Tea roses grow here. There is something about their foliage, and the way they change colors every day that is so remarkable. I am so charmed by them.

  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, Thank you for posting your beautiful garden! It's so wonderful to take a virtual walk through it and know that these beauties are still blooming! A great source of joy! My favorites are Archduke Charles and Georgetown tea, though they are all great! We have snow on the ground so this is very refreshing.

    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Nola z5aWI
  • 6 years ago

    Sheila, I’m in Santa Clarita, CA, now sadly famous for the latest school shooting. We had helicopters droning overhead until midnight last night. This is a very safe community — I think it’s been on one of those “America’s Safest Cities” lists. Zone is 10a, Sunset 18. Still - it is a tragedy.

    Teas are wonderful, I only have room for two here, Gen. Schablikine and Dr. Grill. My Dr. Grill is uniformly pink, not copperish as it’s supposed to be. After three years — or is it four? — I’m wondering if ARE sent the wrong rose.

    Here it is.



    Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR thanked Sylvia Wendel
  • 6 years ago

    Sylvia, I share your pain. I looked at Dr. Grill on HMF roses and most did look more in the yellow range. My William R. Smith is so much pinker than I expected. I have seen such color variability on these Teas I have now that I cannot believe it. If I did not see it with my own eyes, I would be sure I was looking at a different plant. I have only met these roses for the last 4 years at the most. I have never seen mature plants. I have only seen them on Houzz and HMF and here via Ingrid and friends. The locations they are growing have a huge impact too. Hence, I do not know if your rose is a correct one or not. I think down the road, I'll have more confidence once I have 3 of every Tea from every seller, don't you think?

    I'm surprised your Georgetown Tea grew backwards in California. How is that possible?

    So sorry the gun violence has hit your community. I'm ready for that scourge to be over.