Software
Houzz Logo Print
elise_moss59

using a bold blue in the bathroom

6 years ago

Finishing up our Master suite addition. Our bathroom has dark charcoal tile on the floor and for the vanity top. I want to do a really fun teal/turquoise shade. I really like sherwin Williams Capri. The question is whether to leap and do the whole bathroom or just do one wall. I don’t want to make it seem small but i want to inject something fun!

Comments (13)

  • 6 years ago

    Paint one wall and live with it for a bit. If you don’t like it, go get another color.

  • 6 years ago

    I'd say try one wall..that is a pretty in your face color..might be a bit much

    Here is an example with a wall in a turquoise tile


    Mermaid Ensuite · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    Shower which is all white

  • 6 years ago

    It's just paint. I have white tile with a black granite topped vanity. I painted my bathroom cobalt. I love it. My husband even likes it. Enjoy it. Since it's a bathroom it will be less then a gallon of paint and a days work.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I really like that color. I think you should take the leap and do all the walls.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    IMO a master bath should have a design connection to the master bedroom it is part of the master suite so if you have that color somewhere in the bedroom go for it If you post a picture of both spaces the ideas might flow better . BTW it will take more than one coat to cover it if you don’t like it.

  • 6 years ago

    Here are 3 photos of the bedroom and 3 of the bath i plan to make the recess wall in the bedroom a fun color so maybe i just do it out there and keep it more neutral In the bathroom?


  • 6 years ago

    We painted our bathroom a dark blue...and realized immediately that we had bright hot spots from the bare bulb sconces (circa 1931). Repainted to a bright clear yellow that took many coats. I love saturated dark colors..but it didn't work in our scenario. YMMV.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    You have shiplap on the bathroom walls so I'm assuming this is a farmhouse aesthetic. Capri is not a color that complements that style IMO




    Why are you not using the bathroom blue paint in the master as a backdrop for the bed????





  • 6 years ago

    We painted our bathroom a similar color, I think slightly lighter, SW Candid Blue. It's a small room but gets decent lighting from one window and while there's white subway tile on the walls up to a little above the vanity to lighten things up, the shower enclosure is also bright blue tiles. I still love the paint 7 years later. It's bold but not too dark to make the room feel smaller at night or anything. It definitely injected a lot of fun for us.

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks for all the ideas. No ship lap in our bathroom. Just walls to be painted. We are using color behind our bed in the recessed area. Just wanted to incorporate in the bathroom too.

  • 6 years ago

    I would do one wall in both. Not a designer.