ilovetogrow

Hosta A 2019 ......

Welcome back to the alphabet. I cannot believe it has been a year already. I have been doing fine and yes still working. (May 31) I had had a great Christmas, and I hope yours was too, but it is time to get down to business. Bring on the A's

The rules are: Just have fun. We will do a different letter every other day and some other fun things.

• djacobz568sewi

Give it time.... mine is old, one of my first. Don’t have a tag, but believe it is ADG not Love Pat.

• Erin W- Minnesota

webuser_4935216's ideas · More Info

webuser_4935216's ideas · More Info

webuser_4935216's ideas · More Info

• M MW

Ambrosia

• Claudia _michigan

Ani Machi or Geisha (some rabbit damag)

Afterglow

Second year of Atlantis

Autumn Frost ;(can’t find a location this Hosta seam to like)

• Claudia _michigan

American Gothic

Amy’s hope (super cute ... very lime green stands out all season in the garden)

Abby

ABBA Dabba do

Allegean Moonring (was hard to find)

• Claudia _michigan

American Eagle

Aldona Blue Eyes

I purchased this rare plant for a friend. It was too expensive for my collection but I thought since it’s so rare it might be interesting for you guys to see it

• M MW

Antioch

• djacobz568sewi

Claudia, your plants are beautiful! Love the ABBA Dabba Do and the gorgeous lime of Amy’s Hope. Would be great in my garden.

M MW your Ambrosia is absolutely stunning! I love the soft coloring in the leaves! Thank you both for sharing.

• Claudia _michigan

Thank you so much I have to stop buying

• lindalana 5b Chicago

Beth, this is mature Alex Summers that is reverting. Removed reversion this year.

• lindalana 5b Chicago

Alligator shoes with Liberty and Komodo Dragon in the back.

Spring Autumn Frost.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

lindalana..what a pretty and pleasant garden!..I love those pots..I think I've admired them before..all of your hosta look great..

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Thanks lindalana I might need to start calling my Alex Summers, Gold Regal.

• M MW

This was the 2nd year for Ambrosia and gosh I was really impressed! The coloring is awesome on it, so distinct and it held its color all the way until frost basically. I cant wait to see how it does this spring.

• Maria Nesterova

Astral Bliss

Appletiny

• peren.all Zone 5a Ontario Canada

Welcome to the forum Maria, it is always great to have new people join us.

• djacobz568sewi

Maria, your A Bliss is lovely....great soft coloring and rippled leaves. I seem to be drawn to wavey/rippled leaves. Also, your Appletini is gorg!

Lindaliana, both photos are beautiful.... I love seeing part of your yard!

• zkathy z7a NC

Sonny, I’m so sorry. Your lovely wife was in your profile picture at one time and I was impressed by your closeness.

I guess we all just Hosta on.

Arctic Blast

Appletini and Atlantis

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

Maria..welcome!..both of your A's are awesome..

zkathy..also awesome A's!..love the boulders..is pic2 your tub planter?..your hostas are loving it..

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Late to the party (as usual). My pictures are very disorganized this year, but here's some I haven't seen here yet.

Awakening Angel (barely awake)

Starting to wake up

and more fully awake

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

American Choo Choo

Azure Frills

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

Found a better pic of American Choo Choo

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

steve..I like the narrow leaves of Awakening Angel..it would be fun to have it growing with my others which for the most part have big leaves..

• djacobz568sewi

Steve, I really appreciate seeing the progression of host. It reminds me that it is not an easy job to ID them when you have NOID.

I finally figured out how to create a folder for each letter on my iPad. Last night I spent time dragging pictures into folders. Now I am ready!

• newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

Love your Awakening Angel Steve! Excellent progression shots. I think I've got to have one!

• zkathy z7a NC

Good luck with that iPad, djacob. My albums won’t stay in alphabetical order since I upgraded my iOS .

• djacobz568sewi

Mine aren’t in order either, but it is easy to find them and post from them.

• Maria Nesterova

Awakening Angel

• Laura z4b / Helsinki, Finland

I have a very good oldie, bought under the name albopicta Aurea.

It’s a good grower, stays healthy and beautiful throughout the summer and tolerates autumn weathers maybe better then any of the other hostas, turns bright yellow towards the end and is the last hosta standing before winter

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Laura, that is a gorgeous section! I love seeing the evolution, still looks great!

• mbug_gw

Abba Dabba Do

Abba Fit

Alakazaam

American Icon

Aquamarine

• mbug_gw

Autumn Frost

• zkathy z7a NC

M_bug, that Abba Dabba Do is astonishing!

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Zkathy I agree! If mine turns into that in a couple of years I will be so excited!

• mbug_gw

Thanks. Abba Dabba Do gets lots of sun in that location and seems to like it.

• djacobz568sewi

Like that Alakazam and that is a beautiful Autumn Frost!

• steve duggins(Z6a) - Central Ohio

A few more on a down day. Abiqua Trumpet

My little apple orchard. Appletini flanked by Apple Candy

with Alligator Alley just emerging above the left AC and then later in the season (mid July)

• zkathy z7a NC

I have an Alligator Alley! I rescued a Hosta crown from the tree fall mess and stuck it in a pot. When it came up it took me a long time to recognize it. I kept thinking it was Rhino Hide. But I’m pretty sure now this is Alligator Alley.

• djacobz568sewi

Love the AA. I think Rhino Hide has a little thinner edging, maybe??

• mbug_gw

Forgot these two....

Ambrosia

Abiqua Moonbeam

• oursteelers 8B PNW

Hallelujah!!!!!!! It let me like something!

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis

oursteelers..I checked the likes on mbug's comment above and I see your name!!

• sunnywood4bChazyNY

Yay it’s working!

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Wow my like button is working too!

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

like is working!

• oursteelers 8B PNW

It’s like Christmas morning!!!!!!

• Shadow -4A-NB Canada

I contacted Houzz and advised them of our situation with the like icon. I told them that we have several members who have their icon disabled for whatever reason. I further went on to explain that nothing had changed on my end with respect to my computer and as well for the other members. I kindly asked to have a look and fix our situation.

I omitted that I was an abuser of the "like" icon and that since we use it so often we should get a love /a laughing icon button. But I didn't want to push my luck.

And we are back in the game!

like , like ,like. as Djacobz would say ;)

• old_dirt

love, love, love, thank you so much Shadow!

• Beth (5b - Mid-Michigan)

Thank you Shadow, I am glad to have my like button back.

• djacobz568sewi

Thank you shadow! My like button now works!