signet_gw

Question about hybridizer's locations

signet_gw(6b)
last modified: January 12, 2020

Many of you have been growing daylilies for years.

If you have knowledge of where hybridizers who's plants you grow originate would you list them here. for example , I am trying to find out where Nan Wilkerson grows her plants. I myself know that newer Stamile daylilies don't do well in my zone 6a , most are EV's and so that is a factor as well . So although beautiful , I don't even consider those daylilies as it would be like throwing my money in the garbage. They are a daylily meant to be grown in the south.

I think it would sure be a big help in deciding what plants to try in what areas and maybe reduce the losses we all experience . A good example of this was the discussion of Marriot daylilies where many of you described growing certain of his cultivars and having them disappear after a couple of years. If you could include the zone you grow in , that would help too. Hope you can help me out here.

I also think this is information that should be included in the AHS Daylily Database registration info .