FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

signet_gw

Question about hybridizer's locations

signet_gw(6b)

Many of you have been growing daylilies for years.

If you have knowledge of where hybridizers who's plants you grow originate would you list them here. for example , I am trying to find out where Nan Wilkerson grows her plants. I myself know that newer Stamile daylilies don't do well in my zone 6a , most are EV's and so that is a factor as well . So although beautiful , I don't even consider those daylilies as it would be like throwing my money in the garbage. They are a daylily meant to be grown in the south.

I think it would sure be a big help in deciding what plants to try in what areas and maybe reduce the losses we all experience . A good example of this was the discussion of Marriot daylilies where many of you described growing certain of his cultivars and having them disappear after a couple of years. If you could include the zone you grow in , that would help too. Hope you can help me out here.

I also think this is information that should be included in the AHS Daylily Database registration info .