jonny_quest56

Pondering a slipcover or new sofa

Jonny Quest

I have a Pottery Barn Greenwich sofa that is still in good shape except for where my pups tried to dig to China thru the cushions.

I can rebuild the cushions myself for about $100 by purchasing the high density foam. The existing fabric is toast but could be washed and patched by me as well. I’m thinking of doing Comfort Works slipcovers as I still have one dog and occasionally a teenage stepson who is a fan of my guacamole, gaming into the wee hours and stays with us on weekends. The sofa cushions do have a bit of dog odor but that odor will be reduced with the new cushions. The back and arms are fairly clean and have no odor.

The cost of this redo will be about $650. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with Comfort Works and could tell me how well these hold up to washing. How easy is it to put the covers back on them sofa after washing? How long did these last for you?

Our lifestyle is pretty casual and we’re known to occasionally have remnants of soil or leaves on our persons as we are gardeners. We use sofa for reading our Kindles and curling up with our dog.

This is the first room you enter in my home so I’d like to have something presentable. My style is firmly in the cottage style camp (think cottage style magazine NOT shabby chic). I do prefer to reuse when I can and will likely get slipcovers for this sofa even if I don’t use ComfortWorks. Comfort Works just looks so much easier to than finding a good upholstery shop locally. Any advice is welcome.

Also for those that have used fitted slipcovers how has this worked for you?

Thanks