We are a young couple who just bought our first place and looking to transform this 1960's kitchen into a functional and beautiful kitchen. We would really appreciate your opinion and advice on our proposed layout!
The house will just be us for now but we also love to have multiple kids in the near future.
Both of us love to cook and would love for the kitchen to be the main hang out area. In addition, we would really prefer to have an open flow from the kitchen to the TV/Family room and casual dining area. We don't care for a separate formal dining area.
- Appliances: Gas stove top (30-36"), Large wide counter-depth fridge, Dishwasher, full range hood (not microwave range hood combo)
- Windows: We want to keep the windows that look out of the back of the house because of our view. Also want to keep the windows next to the porch of the house.
- Cannot relocate the patio door
- Kitchen Island (Sorry, we are such suckers for them)
Prefer but not must haves:
- Wall unit ovens/microwave
- Prefer more minimalist contemporary design elements
- Exterior garbage can placement area (Not pull out trash drawer)
Cost is definitely a concern of ours especially since we are relocating the plumbing, gas and electrical but we wanted to see if this layout is even a good layout before we start to cost out our dream kitchen. Any feedback is welcomed! We're also interested in any prior kitchen relocation cost anecdotes.