Software
Houzz Logo Print
jerijensunsetz24

WE GOT RAIN!!!!!!!!

6 years ago

I was praying for a tenth of an inch, and we got almost 3/4.


All the world here is washed clean and glowing green, and it's a wonderful, wonderful feeling.




Comments (13)

  • 6 years ago

    I am so thrilled for you Jeri. This will be so wonderful for your plants.

  • 6 years ago

    It makes my heart sing!

  • 6 years ago

    How wonderful, Jeri! I’m happy for you. That same storm kind of petered out by the time it reached me. I still got a little less than 1/4”, so it helped. We started off with one rain after another, but lately we’ve gotten hardly a drop. I hope we all get more soon. According to my phone, my next chance for rain is a week from Monday. That’s 8 days away, so anything can change. I’m glad you got so much. The picture is gorgeous, btw. I enjoy seeing raindrops on roses, since it’s a rare sight around here. Who is that? The bloom is so iridescent, and I love seeing it from behind. Lisa

  • 6 years ago

    Very nice, Jeri. It’s as lovely dry, as it is wet. Some of my roses are very dark or pinker in this cooler weather. Mel’s Heritage has never looked so pink. The chance of rain has now disappeared from my forecast, as well. I hope we both get more before the season is over.

  • 6 years ago

    Oh boy Lisa -- SO DO I! The long-range forecasting for anything South of Pt. Conception is depressing.

  • 6 years ago

    That’s unfortunate,Jeri. I only heard a single phrase from the 7 am news this morning. The phrase was, “no real measurable rain in the 8 day forecast.” We started off so well. I shutter to think about our fire season if we don’t get more. Nothing boosts the big spring flush like rain. If we don’t get more, I wonder how the spring flush will be?

    Here’s a picture of how deep pink Mel’s Heritage is blooming today. Excuse the need for deadheading. It’s so hard to reach! Lisa

  • 6 years ago

    Your worries are my worries.
    And over the long haul, I don't see things getting a lot better.

    I need to sort of prune Mel's Heritage, but the dang thing is covered with buds again, so I guess I'll just wait.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Lisa, it is beautiful. Love the deeper color.

    Jeri, your rose with rain drops looks so different and beautiful like a lily . I would never able to ID it. Mine is white and a few are pinks. Some are darker than others.

    I just took this pics below so the sun is super bright in the afternoon and you can see different shades. Here are my GWR.







  • 6 years ago

    When we first saw her, we thought of her as being "blush" . . . She changes colors quite amazingly.

  • 6 years ago

    I do hope you guys in Central and Southern Calif get some more rain - we certainly have a sufficiency. It has been raining here at least 2-3 times every week. I just had to put on my galoshes, long raincoat, and get my biggest umbrella, just to walk to the end of our driveway to get the papers! Everything is totally waterlogged (over 17 inches here since Dec 1). The storms are stacked up all the way across the Pacific - the next one is due here on Sunday they say.


    Jackie

  • 6 years ago

    We got 0.08-in. last night, and we are grateful.

    Sorry, Jackie ... but we are slipping into drought territory down here. Again.

  • 6 years ago

    It is wonderful when the winter rains arrive in CA, hope you get more rain this winter season.

    Lovely photo with the raindrops.

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio