Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_hunt

Livingroom Arangment needs ideas

Julie Hunt
10 years ago
We have recently moved and remodeled a 1950's ranch. It is now time to start the decorating process. I am starting with one of my favorite rooms in this house, the living room and I am quickly discovering I am at a loss for what and how to decorate. Style wise I am wanting to go with modern furniture that has a mid century feel but I want it to be elegant and not on the "kitchy" side that sometimes mid century lean towards.
I am having a very tough time with deciding what type of furniture to buy and the furniture arrangement. Attached you will find the floor plan, the large rectangle is the fireplace, as well as very bad photos of the room and furniture pieces that I have considered for the room. (I apoligize for both the quality of the photos and the unpacking that still needs to be done). There are two pieces that must stay in the room, and will not be restrained or painted, the desk and grandfather clock. I really love the glass top coffee table however if something better comes along its out. As for painting or staining the side tables, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Also I am not interested in painting woodwork or brick. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!