FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

humbleandkind

Home Office Lighting

humbleandkind

Our home office has four recessed lights in the ceiling (one in each corner of the room), which don’t provide any task lighting for the desk workspace. I‘ve tried a few different desk lamps but none have provided sufficient lighting for the area - they either don’t cover enough space or they shine in your face/create glare. I‘m thinking I need more lighting from above and am contemplating adding a picture light similar to the mockup below (we have a pinboard where the picture is shown), but I’m not sure if they can provide sufficient lighting and, if so, what wattage, etc. to look for. It would need to be plugged in or battery operated, and I’m assuming a plug option would provide the brightest light. Any help with lighting requirements or options would be much appreciated! Thanks!