Software
Houzz Logo Print
rogerc

Love the hardwood flooring!

13 years ago
Can you tell me the wood species and manufacturer of the hardwood flooring?
eco+historical Sanchez 1 · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It looks like a bleached or processed Black Walnut floor. The grain is fairly distinctive.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    rogerc: the floor is an 8" wide white oak engineered plank that was finished in place with two coats of Tung Oil. I don't know the manufacturer of that particular plank flooring, but I've used similar FSC Certified white oak flooring that's pre-finished with oil and wax by DuChateau floors. They have a wide range of finishes, are pretty affordable, and are absolutely gorgeous.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    rogerc: if you want to see the DuChateau floors, you can check out my Sanchez 2 project...
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you, eco+historical homes!

    Your Sanchez 2 project is wonderful. I especially like the raw formed-concrete against the Victorian facade... very nice! The DuChateau floor you used is exactly the look we're thinking of for our renovation here in Phoenix. I'll look into the product.

    On the other hand, your mention of finish-in-place engineered plank interests me... I may look into that as well.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Roger- you have a great eye. Our firm installs several brands of flooring and DuChateau our some of my very favorite. I'm currently helping a few clients in the Phoenix area source floors at a partner firm at wholesale pricing. Their are definitely some unique conditions to your dry, hot climate that need to be addressed and we would be happy to talk you through this process. If you message me we would love to help you as well. 6peytonsflooring@gmail.com
  • 11 years ago
    what is the oil used on the floor?