Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
persimmonbob

got something for you Steve

Monyet
4 years ago

Went through google looking for homemade greenhouses, came across a couple pictures.

Comments (13)

• norwoodn
    4 years ago

Great idea bob. It’s best to use tempered glass for safety and strength. Sliding doors have tempered glass and are a good size to use. The strength is almost 3x of regular windows, and will never cut you if shattered.

i hate broken glass... and I install windows lol..

• Monyet
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Norwood, I have a bunch of old but new windows never been used, about a dozen, planning to use them. It’s going to look like top picture. Not slanted like the picture.

It is going to be used more for a winter home For most of my trees.20’x 15’.

Norwood , I was into stained glass for a long time, always dealt with broken glass.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    4 years ago

Thanks bob. I enjoyed the GH pictures. I won't be building anything near that size.

Steve

• Monyet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Steve, how about 16’x 12’? Just exstend from Those post on out, 14 ’. Deck height is 10’.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    4 years ago

I have room for this

------------------------------------------------HOUSE------------------------------------=------------

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    4 years ago

Bob Your picture just showed. It looks good. With the trees being winter bare the GH should get enough light.

Steve

• Monyet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

That’s not enough for all your tree’s? You think Norwood make us a deal for some windows, seems like nice guy.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    4 years ago

I got a window man just 3 miles from my house so I am set.

Steven

• Monyet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

How’s come you are always the lucky one, a couple of doors too?

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    4 years ago

I live in the inner city of a population of `2,000,000 people,

Steve

• Silica
    4 years ago

I've been in the greenhouse business most of my adult life. The greenhouse shown in Bob's first picture would never be considered by any respectful grower. The heat bill in such a greenhouse would take away all the profit one could grow in it. Actually it looks like it is about to fall down, Glass greenhouse are not built anymore, at least for any type of commercial growing.

• Monyet
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Silica, I would never built anything with lumber that old. I am pointing out that design, half roof. I could not afford what you have in mind since you are in that business.

Silica, I would be very interested in some of your designs, not for me but for forum members. My age will not allow such an investment. Hopefully if everything goes well I’ll have it done by fall. The deck in the picture, I built, it’s pretty strong, 33x14.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    4 years ago

I have to admit that my greenhouses look like they may fall down

7 foot tall fukushu enclosure.

Meiwa unheated enclosue behind and anti sinking counterbalance weight for NZL enclosure in front.
    NZL enclosure.
    Valentine pomelo enclosure.

Steve

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm