laurelyn_gw

Ficus? Olive? Chinese Banyan?

Laurelyn

My husband's coworker had this rooting in water and doesn't remember what it is. The best match on PlantNet was a weeping fig...but the second best was a garden snapdragon so I'd like an actual human to weigh in, please.

• Embothrium

Definitely not any of those three. If the coworker can't come up with any background information at all - like if it produces flowers with certain characteristics or other hints - then success here will depend entirely on somebody looking in that just happens to know this same kind of plant on sight.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

This is a useful lesson in the uselessness of plant id apps. Your plant bears no resemblance to any of those options since it has opposite foliage. They all have alternate.

If forced to take a guess I'd say Nematanthus gregarious. But more information on flowers would be helpful.

• iochroma

And I would be more inclined to guess a Columnea, but Nematanthus is not out of contention.