Software
Houzz Logo Print
cindybailey22

Why are my dwarf umbellata indian hawthorns turning yellow?

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I planted 6 Indian hawthorns in the fall last year and they have been pretty ever since. I have started seeing yellow leaves at mostly the bottoms of every shoot. the plants do have new growth on the tops of the plants. I just fed them with a slow release 10-10-10 fertilizer but was wondering if anyone thinks they know what is wrong that I need to do beside the feeding.

Comments (2)

  • 6 years ago

    Need photos and your general location.

  • 6 years ago

    Old spent leaves are being discarded in concert with the spring production of new ones. The way to tell if too many are dying and dropping is if the plants start developing a markedly thinner appearance over time. Then you know you have something going on, that isn't just the normal annual cycle.