Software
Houzz Logo Print
dawn_kramer46

White Paint Color for Kitchen Cabinets

6 years ago

I am desperate for professional help. I need to know which white paint color is recommended to use for kitchen cabinets. Looking at BM Chantilly White, Simply White or White. I have Calcutta Lux Quartzite on counters and splash, stainless appliances and a dark hardwood floor. Also, what medium gray color for the walls? The painter is starting prep on Monday. Thank you!

Comments (9)

  • 6 years ago

    They are able to match the paint color, they will be using KCMA certified process.

  • 6 years ago

    Paint is matched to the cabinet door, after it’s coated. Not the other way around. Hire a designer for a color consult if you want help. I know someone who does it for half of what others charge.

  • 6 years ago

    Have you purchased samples, painted large boards and looked at the 3 colors with your countertop, your finishes and your lighting.


    Everyone's home and lighting is different and the white has to work with your individual space and be what you like, not what I like or some designer likes.


    Painting the cabinets is a huge expense and should be given the time and careful consideration commensurate with the cost. We see tons of posts from people who have had their cabinets painted and are disappointed and don't know how to fix the mistake. Better not to make the mistake because the wrong color will always be the wrong color.



  • 6 years ago

    Yes but my eye is not good with white color

  • 6 years ago

    No one's eyes are as good with white color. The whole idea with white is that there is barely any color to see. That is why we need large samples. I usually do something at least 18x24 for white. To really see it best with your counter take your large color sample outside on a clear day around 2:00 in the afternoon and look at the colors together.


    My guess is that of the three colors you named you will end up with Chantilly Lace. Simply white is sometimes too yellow with blue grays and BM White is a bit too gray and won't give the same sense of warmth as Chantilly Lace. This is just an educated guess. The only way to know is to make your samples and see it in good balanced natural daylight.



  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Thank you Jennifer, this is good advice although I don’t have a sample of the stone to take outside with the paint samples as it is already installed. It’s a north facing kitchen which to me only makes it more challenging. My concern with Chantilly Lace is how bright white it is since the quartzite is quite creamy/gold/gray. I was thinking Simply White would be a better match with the stone due to the tinge of yellow in the paint but will the stone color only intensify the yellow in the cabinets if I use Simply White? Thank you for your kindness in responding.

  • 5 years ago

    What did you decide?


  • 5 years ago

    Simply White. I like it a lot, it is not too stark and has a tinge of warmth.