Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_marie83

Where is JOE? and Morph?? & How are you All??

6 years ago

How is your season thus far going with the lawns?

Comments (14)

  • 6 years ago

    (waves) Hey, Lisa! So far, so good. It's colder this year, so things were a bit delayed, but it all worked out in the end.

    While the people are getting ill this year, the grass is healthy...

    How's yours?

  • 6 years ago

    Sure, I get it. Dan isn't part of the cool crowd... :o/

  • 6 years ago

    Feeling your pain, Dan. I don't even remember who Joe is/was.

  • 6 years ago

    Join the club. Apparently, Joe was Lisa's BFF. How's that working out for her now? :oP

  • 6 years ago

    Guess no love for me either.

  • 6 years ago

    @Lisa what happened to the pic of you on the golf cart (or whatever it was)?

  • 6 years ago

    It's a grass forum so I put a pic of my lawn with my new stripe kit instead Lol

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    LOL!

    I haven't been on here in forever and just today I said "Let me check what's going on on houzz...."

    The first thing I see is my name in capital letters in a post from Lisa....LOL!

    It was meant to be...

    Hey everyone, I hope you and yours are all dealing with the pandemic as best as possible. My wife is a nurse and has been seeing covid patients. She is good.

    I hope everyone's lawns are good! I can't remember the last update I gave but I have been following the lawn care nut's cool season lawn program. I can't believe after four years of hacking away I was so off on so many things....his guide really set me straight.

    Last August I redid the lawn one final time; used premium KBG seed from the seed superstore, used the Next products, CX DIY fert, etc.....have been following the program to a T and the lawn looks like I always hoped it would.

    I am of course praying that the summer is kind to it, but I've been very methodical in my watering, fertilizing, and fungus control, am mowing every 3 days, and haven't had any crabgrass or K31 pop up.

    I'm even reading a book on container gardening which I plan to try this summer!

  • 6 years ago

    Joe, you and your wife take care. And thanks to her for her service.

  • 6 years ago

    Joe - I started a thread awhile back asking you how you managed with fungus. I'm still having problems and am considering to kill off the lawn and buy a better cultivar if I can ID one. I don't want to deal with fungicides so I'm looking for a KBG with resistance to it, but that's another thread. Welcome back.

  • 6 years ago

    Turf Bue HGT is pretty bulletproof when it comes to disease, if you're willing to sacrifice some color.

  • 6 years ago

    Hi Joe,

    How is the Lawn Care Nut's program working out for you?

    Since seeing your post I have watched a few of his video's on Youtube.

    The one I found interesting was his northern lawn re-hab project at a local church.

    I haven't been able to find his fertilization program for the second year though.

    ???

    Thanks

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    @port2015:

    LCN's cool season lawn program was a blessing for me. I had gotten great info on this site over the last 4 years, but I'm not "a natural" when it comes to lawn care: I needed someone to spell everything out for me. EVERYTHING...no one can post the same amount of information in a bunch of posts on a forum as you can get from a 150 page book. Extremely detailed but not at all boring.

    I liken it to this: it will cost the same per year as a lawn service like true green, but you have to do the work, but if you enjoy it, you will certainly be more careful and caring then any service will be.

    Heck, all I know is: it's working!


    Google it; it's $25.