Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purvita_singh

Dinning hall decoration

purvita singh
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Dear Experts,

Please suggest i have three walls as shown in the picture and i need help in decorating these walls, please suggest.

Soon i am getting a sideboard on the parallel wall so something to go top of that plus the sidewall and the small sidewall is a part of joint living room.

PS: please ignore the mess, due to lockdown entire house is a workplace :)

Thanks,

Comments (7)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    3 years ago

Before you move to art, I would get the sideboard in place, and I would also be adding an area rug to bring some definition.

Art is personal, and you haven't suggested anything about your taste or style

post some pictures of art you like

• PRO
    CYNTHIA E STEWART / Hoffman and Albers Interiors
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi Purvita,

Your room has possibilities. To make it your dining room eye catching, It needs to be better defined as a Dining area . I think we can do this as stated above with an area rug, but I think we need to take it a step or two further. I suggest that the interior paint in that area needs and accent color. It can blend off of the soft gray, but it needs to be defined as a space of it's own. You could this with an accent color on the long wall where your buffet will be placed. I know your chandelier has been placed, but I feel that the dining room furniture is set back too far in the room. I would like to see it have more presence. I would find art that has a variation of blues and silvers and maybe a warm color to add a little pop to the color scheme. If you need professional help, I have a showroom at Hoffman and Albers Interiors. I would be glad to help

• arcy_gw
    3 years ago

LOL I think a HUGE ASS TABLE defines it pretty well. As far as what on the walls--what do you have? Any collections, art, photos needing a home?

• purvita singh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you all for your replies.

@RL Relocation LLC i like abstract art and thats what i am thinking to buy.

@CYNTHIA E STEWART / Hoffman and Albers Interiors what sort of accent colour will go with grey walls here and i would have love to visit your showroom but we are not in America. Definitely a blue and gold abstract art is on my mind.

@arcy_gw nothing for now, all need to be bought.

My confusion is once i have my buffet/sideboard placed on the parallel wall shall i put:

1) an art on top of sideboard + Mirror on the sidewall OR

2) Mirror on top of sideboard + an art on the sidewall OR

And what shall i then put on the small sidewall.

An area rug is definitely a consideration but that dining table is way to heavy to remove and place a rug so not sure how we will achieve that for now.

• PRO
    CYNTHIA E STEWART / Hoffman and Albers Interiors
    3 years ago

I think a beautiful piece of art would be a great focal point over the sideboard. You could put a mirror over a console table or chest. If you have room on that wall. Do you know how much room you will have between the table and the sideboard? It looks like the table is so close to that long wall and a bit squished- space wise. I don't know if you can pull the table out more into the center of the room and possibly move the chandelier to center over the table. Based on this I think the room could look balanced without a rug. You could sill paint or paper that back wall as a focal point wall or change the color of the entire space. I think these ideas will help you bring importance to this space. If you want to use a blue and gold abstract painting I think you could go with a darker gray or a dark blue could be nice.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    3 years ago

Again, I would first put the sideboard, the size of that will help determine the size of the artwork

Also, I would get a rug first, the colors and pattern to that may help you determine the artwork you choose, plus it will make the room more complete.

I would not address the sidewall as part of the dining room, yet part of the whole space, so complete that room and then you will have a better idea of what to do with that small wall.

here is an example of how a rug will change the space.

• Ellen S
    3 years ago

Personally, I wouldn’t add a mirror. To me, there is enough glass and more metal will make the room feel colder. To warm it up, I think art and a rug will make the space inviting.

I suggest 1 statement piece on the larger wall and a mid-sized piece on the smaller wall. The smallest wall you are working on could be addressed after the larger spaces are complete.