Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_60562230

A Decidedly Meh July

6 years ago

It's been pointed out that I don't post many photos. True. So let's see the low point on my lawn--literally, this is the worst month, on average, on my lawn. This is with no irrigation, remember. The last time I irrigated was...um, 2018.

It's an average July in PA. Hot. Alternating dry periods with torrential rains. We're about a week post a surprise tropical storm. I finally bothered mowing for the first time in a month. There are thin patches, most of the brown stuff you see is minor dormancy, and a few areas where the dead grasses are piling up from the stuff I mowed down after a month of not mowing.

Yes, I shattered the one-third rule. It's the one time of year I do that--I tend to let the lawn go long into summer until I see what's what. June was very dry and that served to get the lawn through it without full dormancy. Now the rain is back.



The gardens are moving along, however. About average for July, although the mulch needs redoing. If any young, muscular bucks want to volunteer, feel free.



Comments (11)