ckoeppel

New Home Design

ckoeppel

Last year at this time I was moving into an apartment after leaving a 34 year marriage. I designed a beautiful space with the help of many talented ladies. Today I am looking for ideas for a NEW home I purchased for myself. I am looking for a transitional design with a whole lot of comfort, honey feel, yet super classy.

Flo Mangan

Once you get in, you will be able to assess much better. There are many more stools out there. A nice white leather would be nice too.

• ckoeppel

What do you think of these?

• happyleg

I like them

Flo Mangan

Cool looking. Are they swivel though? I think swivel is a must since you might have conversations going with folks on stools and at table? So you want them to be able to turn to that direction. Plus swivels are so much easier to get in and out of.

• ckoeppel

This is a new table at cb2.

Flo Mangan

I am getting a little confused about style direction? That is a pretty table but kind of dark for your new space? Not available til sometime late September. That’s not big problem but I liked your light and bright and airy direction better? Talk to me.

• ckoeppel

Light and bright all the way for me

Flo Mangan

OK, nix that table then. haha! Glass and gold base table. Plus your round agate chandelier.

• ckoeppel

Thank you!

Flo Mangan

Can't wait for you to get in!!

• katinparadise

Hi @ckoeppel. I've been following along and just wanted to wish you the best with your move. I know from your apartment thread what a strong and resilient woman you are and know you will settle in and be very happy in your new space-just in time for your busy season!

• ckoeppel

Thank you so much katinoaradise! It sure is exciting! Nothing beats happiness. I have Iowa orders booked through the end of the year already!

• ckoeppel

I am planning to put two chairs in front of the house. Which style do this looks best? I want something unique but comfortable. I also love these wall boards just not sure which wall they would look good on.

Flo Mangan

I can’t quite envision chairs out front? But the round one from Overstock I think looks so cozy. The wall treatment might look great on your fireplace pop out section. It would also help your TV disappear when it isn’t on. Need to make sure TV mounting bracket is one that you can pull out so the TV clears the wall treatment. My only concern is in a new house there is typically a lot of dust. Would dust collect on the ridges and require undue dusting?

• happyleg

The little area in the front by the door but not in front of the door out toward the yard I preferred the back yard

• ckoeppel

I went to CB2 with my daughter today and saw the pendent. Even more beautiful in person.

Flo Mangan

Love it!! Winner.

• happyleg

Love it to

Flo Mangan

You will need more light though. Notice how they display it with flood light on it. You have some recessed lighting so that might be enough.

• ckoeppel

Yes I worried about the amount of lighting.

• ckoeppel

I went to Crate and Barrel a few ago. The designer put together a design layout using all of their products. What do you think?

• ckoeppel

I like our layout way better and I really don’t like the chairs at all

Flo Mangan

I am not a fan of sectionals. I think you are right. Our layout is better and I think more functional. I know we will make it beautiful too.

• ckoeppel

We will!

• katinparadise

I agree that there doesn't seem to be enough room for chairs out front.

I do love the modern look of the wall panels though! It's a great way to add texture and visual interest to a wall.

I also agree with Flo regarding sectionals. 2 sofas or 1 sofa and 2 or 4 chairs is so much more flexible in terms of arrangement.

Sounds as though you're going to have a very busy holiday season between moving and keeping up with your orders! I hope you'll be able to squeeze some "me" time in there somewhere as well!

• ckoeppel

Thank you katinparadise! I made it to Iowa late last night. Truck will be here tomorrow. Let the fun begin!

Flo Mangan

Wondering how you were doing! Have a great day tomorrow. I know you will be exhausted!

• ckoeppel

Wow what a whirlwind it has been. Getting settled in my new place. I have decided after moving it a ton of times to keep my dining room set upstairs. I have ordered a custom glass top. I think it looks just beautiful. In the corner where the two rugs are standing is where I am hoping to lean my large floor mirror angled in the corner. I have my little blue desk on the side wall with the chair but not sure I love it. I am thinking of using the desk as a sofa console. Everyone thinks it clashes with the dining chair fabric. Also what are your thoughts on the counter stools being a bad match with everything? I still need to move my coffee table and arrange my living room.

• ckoeppel

I have thought about this to put where the desk is and move the desk behind the sofa. Or would the console look good behind the sofa?

• Theresa Janssen

welcome home.... looks like you have already done a ton of work in such a short period of time... wondering if you can by chance take more pictures of the entire space so all the elements can be looked at together? its a bit hard to see how it all looks together. your dining table looks gorgeous

• ckoeppel

Thank you! Yes it is looking great! I am organizing the living room area now but will take photos in a bit.

Flo Mangan

Welcome home!!! I am laughing at the dining table upstairs. Funny, I was pretty sure this was going to be a keeper because you loved it so much! That's what it is all about. I need more photos too as Theresa mentioned. You are on a roll! I am so happy you kept the things you LOVE. Not sure about the little table. Looks more bedroom-like? But I reserve my right to change my mind! When getting into a new home, it takes some time to get everything arranged just right. Oh, try the blue/vanity/desk whatever table in front of the stairway railing. What about that? So when you come up those stairs, you see pretty item? Just thinking out loud. Can't wait for more photos.

• happyleg

That Desk will look good over by the staircase and the door

• happyleg

M the mirror will look good in the corner long as no one knocks it over or put it in your bedroom

• ckoeppel

I have to purchase a second sofa. I will need to get additional throw pillows that match my original. Of course the designed pillows are no longer available. Would it work to take one of my existing patterned pillows away to add to the new sofa then add two of the one pictured putting one on each sofa? I can get the solid blush for the new sofa. So each sofa would have a blush pillow, the square geo print, and the embellished print.

• ckoeppel

Or would one of these round Mongolian pillows work?

Flo Mangan

Glad you are having some fun! I would try your plan, I think that will work. The round ones aren't as quite as cool to my eye. But if we need some texture, they work for that. We need more photos! I am wondering if you might change the orientation of the dining table. It seems off placed in that direction? Does it feel OK to you in the space? Might be just the photo impact?

• ckoeppel

Yea I tried it a couple different ways but how I intend to use it only works this way. I will try to get more photos soon.

• ckoeppel

I have a wide area coming in from the garage that I am trying to decorate. Maybe an area rug. I like this one very much but not sure if I like it for that area or my master bedroom. It has a tingle of navy in it. Excuse the mess. Still organizing.

• ckoeppel

Also the floor lamp is on sale. Do you think two of these of each side of the fireplace?

• ckoeppel

I am planning to buy this bed, dresser, and nightstands. The rug above would be used with this furniture if I decided on the bedroom.

• ckoeppel
    yesterday

I am planning to buy this bed, dresser, and nightstands. Which duvet do you like best with the set and the rug?

Flo Mangan
    yesterday

I have been busy. I see you have been busy too. Let me take your questions one at a time. I like the floor lamp. What is size of shade? I love the CB rug but in a bedroom not entry area from garage. I like the nightstand, but bed isn’t my fav. Seems too industrial? I also prefer a mix not all matchy matchy. I would think of upholstered beadboard for guest room. I would not put a big chest of drawers either. I like drawer units from Container Store placed inside walk in closets. Convenient and keeps open floor space for guest chairs and possibly a small table/desk surface. I would hold off on bedding except for immediate needs. You have a lot going on and in time as you settle into your new home your feelings will probably change a bit.

• happyleg
    yesterday

The wrangle look nice there by the entry by the garage door and the pad is Tyson Barrie cute night stands Maybe do a white on the bed

• ckoeppel
    yesterday

I am heading back to Seattle tomorrow for a week. My youngest daughter is being induced. First grandchild. I am pooped! I need one solid week of sitting in a room doing nothing but staring at four walls. I will be back online when I return. Enjoy your weekend!

Flo Mangan
    yesterday

Congrats! Best thing ever!! Get some rest!

Flo Mangan
    yesterday

We had our 4th born 3 weeks early and he just turned 1 in May. Here he is. Top left one week old, to his Halloween costume as a Blue Berry! To the devil in his eye at the park. They have to really watch him because he can outrun them!

• ckoeppel
    yesterday

Oh my gosh! What a cutie! His eyes are beautiful!

• dsimber
    yesterday

Lucky you, Flo. Such a doll! He looks like he makes life fun for everyone!

Flo Mangan
    yesterday

He is the happiest little guy we have ever seen. Always smiling. So ck don’t worry all will be well. 🥰