Software
Houzz Logo Print
micvicar

Kitchen cabinet help!

6 years ago

Hi. Kitchen remodel. Budget is preferable under $20-$25k. Got a quote from Cabinet Discounters. Hubby wants Ikea bc they're more adjustable. House is 1964--nothing plumb or true. We're doing renos.
I want shaker bright white (matte) uppers and black matte lowers with white quartz countertop. I don't care for Ikea's off-white shaker, but wouldn't mind the black matte shaker that's relatively new.
Probably not a good idea to get the black ones I like and then power spray white for the uppers...Do I use a company like Semihandmade for the whites? Hubby concerned they won't get the hinges correct...but they specialize in working with Ikea's products.
We're in our mid-50's to early 60's, so timeline to stay in house is probably 10 years max bc it's split level and we both have bad backs. But this is my first being able to pick a kitchen from scratch and I have a vision. The difference in budget will be almost $10k. I'm concerned about chipping, although we're not destructive, stuff happens.
Anyone use Semihandmade? I know there are strong opinions on Ikea's cabinets...
(Can't figure out how to attach a pic)

Comments (6)