Software
Houzz Logo Print
essgo_carpets

Do you think this room needs a rug? What Colors and waht style ?

I think a rug would liven up the room , and protect the floors, absorb sound, and create a defines space, warm up the room. What rug and what style and color?

Comments (44)

  • 13 years ago
    A rug would tie it all together making it more cozy....
  • 13 years ago
    Agree ... a thick, ivory rug would look nice and warm up the space ... a colorful one could work as well. These are both from Crate and Barrel:
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Agree with indianpatti! It definitely needs a rug to lighten the floor and unify the seating area.
  • 13 years ago
    What about this ?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi.....I love your floors, so if you feel that something light on the floor would work for you, I would suggest
    a cow hide.
  • 13 years ago
    You are very contemporary. Either a silver metallic shag 8 x. 10. Or a graphic design in bold colors.
  • 13 years ago
    A rug would tie everything together, but it's hard to find a printed rug that doesn't look cheap and tacky so I would stick in a solid color natural fiber in an earth tone.
  • 13 years ago
    Something round:
    Rugs Seed, Chocolate and Cream, 8' Round · More Info

    Rugs Coral, Brown and Cream, 8' Round · More Info

    Surya Aros Mushroom Round Area Rug · More Info

    Round Area Rug: Champinones by Gandia Blasco from Stardust.com · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Don't agree on a graphic design looking cheap. It's all about the rug quality. They could use a art for the floor look.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Tapis, I take it this is not your home and that you are in the business?

    How about posting some of your rugs and let us take a look at your selections, rather than our choosing a line which you do not carry.
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked elcieg
  • 13 years ago
    Just a few ideas from my collection. First one is a modern custom made very tick and cozy the rest are antique rugs from Turkey. You may see more if you like on my website:www.DoMiRugs.com
  • 13 years ago
    I like the first one others to casual or this room. Cow hide is a great idea.
  • 13 years ago
    A red rug would be great, because it matches that painting. But not bright red. That would wear out the eyes to look at all the time.
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, you need a rug..something light in color with maybe some colored "branches" ,,something subdued, but that would add a bit of color. You have painting that has some red in it...could have a bit of red in the rug, too
  • 13 years ago
    something like this, but with the background a bit lighter.
  • 13 years ago
    This could work too:
    Rugs for all tastes get inspired · More Info
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I like Dorota's 3rd pick...Iike the pattern on carolins too
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    A rug would really pull the room together. My inspiration would start with the colors that are in you wall art. Just as important as the color would be the size of the rug. I believe the larger the better. A strong graphic design would look fabulous in your space. Keep going you are almost there!
  • 13 years ago
    A few more..The last one is a bit more traditional, but it has bright colors, which might work.
  • 13 years ago
    I would consider the blues in your painting, rather than the red. Complement the picture, but don't compete with it.
  • 13 years ago
    Here are some options from home decorators
  • 13 years ago
    I agree with the above poster. A ivory cow hide rug would look great!

    Inspirational pic below.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Printesa number 2 is great!
  • 13 years ago
    dfcfce Judah's deacon gun poop
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS you must have something you can try out at home, isn't this what you do?
  • 13 years ago
    Monumental - AJ03 - AT02
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    What about one of these, Tapis Essgo Carpets? :)
    Cowhides peau de vache and patchwork hides. · More Info

    Rugs for all tastes get inspired · More Info

    Rugs for all tastes get inspired · More Info
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked Gabriela Manciulea
  • 13 years ago
    Yep, I was thinking something simple and textural like BeyondFrames suggestions. Nice room!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Great room, love your sitting Budda.
    If you like color, some one-of-a-kind rugs:
  • 13 years ago
    Maybe just a small flokati to sit under and anchor the coffee table.
    https://www.houzz.com/magazine/10-fresh-takes-on-flokati-rugs-stsetivw-vs~1180250
  • 13 years ago
    Yes, the room needs a rug. Orange or red....
  • 13 years ago
    I think it depends on what the owner wants to achieve...if it's something monochromatic and a bit more "cold", then a soft gray rug is probably the best option. If they want to warm up the space, then I would go with something that has some color in it..not much, but enough to warm up the room. Right now, the room is pretty "cold"
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Here is rug that I designed that looks like a field of grass. It was woven in Nepal.
    http://www.houzz.com/projects/54583/GRESS-Rug
  • 13 years ago
    I would go with a modern rug; often times I see great spaces and an oriental rug is thrown in out of context and it looks weird.
  • 13 years ago
    The first second I saw your room a Greek Flokati rug came to my mind also. They are timeless and warm up a modern room nicely.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Definitely needs a rug
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Wow thanks so much fo all the great suggestions. I totally agree the room needs a rug. Maybe you can search our online store at www.essgocarpts.com and pick the rug you feel would look best . I am a designer myself with a degree in Architecture this is a clients home. She would love t see all the feedback and the choices. The rug most chosen will win !!! Thanks again.
  • 13 years ago
    Love the bold red circle one above. 8 x10.
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • 13 years ago
    6 x9 would work too. Just accent don't cover all of the nice floors.
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • 13 years ago
    yes, it would feel more cozy with a rug... I'd say a red rug, like the red on your art.
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked Lilian Delreal
  • 13 years ago
    A dark red rug would look great! or any color for that matter.

    it would tie the room together and bring some warmth

    Modern Living Room · More Info


    Klopf Architecture - San Francisco Mid-Century Modern Remodel · More Info

    ]
    W Residence Master Bedroom · More Info
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked Nicole Lee
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would suggest you to use warmer colors for this space in order to make it more inviting. These are a couple of suggestions.
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked imoderni llc
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think a red leather rug would complete the sleek look. They are just strips of leather... a lot like the rag rugs but much hipper...
    TAPIS ESSGO CARPETS thanked Center Stage Design