Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_702602846

help! can’t decide on backsplash!

5 years ago

I’m between these backsplashes and just can’t decide. These pendants will be over the island.

Comments (15)

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    What is the black stuff behind those samples , IMO too soon to choose backspalsh since we have no idea of the style of the cabinets and for me pendants over an island should be task lighting so light the island and I sure hope that fixture is not an Edison bulb one. You need all the lighting in the kitchen to be LEDs in 4000K or all those nice whites will be yellow. I think the last 2 decisions in a kitchen are wall color and backsplash and BTW no mother of peral anywhere in a kitchen you actually use.

  • 5 years ago

    The black stuff is plastic bc they are spraying the molding. Thank you for the light bulb advice, something I never thought of. I guess I’ll wait for cabinets to go in first. These are the ones I chose. Thank you for your advice.

  • 5 years ago

    If the counter is matte finish, no glossy backsplash.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    What color are the cabinets being painted? You really need to compare the backsplash samples vertically to a vertical cabinet While balancing the countertop color into the choice. Whites can vary greatly from grayer whites to creamier whites. As far as style, it doesn’t matter as much as the right white. I don’t like the last one though, too shiny...I think I’d get tired of that.

  • 5 years ago

    Warm Edison bulbs are not a bad thing. Blue based leds hurt the eyes and are not pleasant to look at.

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you. The countertop is glossy, silestone Calcutta eternal gold. The cabinets are Benjamin Moore cloud cover, a warm white.

  • 5 years ago

    I like the second picture backsplash, but as others said wait til cabinets are in.

  • 5 years ago

    I think you need some color, or at least something more interesting than a white backsplash.

  • 5 years ago

    I like the second photo best also

    it looks like a Warmer white.


    no to color in the backsplash! Color can be added in other non-permanent ways!! White will be beautiful and easy to work with when choosing paint and other colors!!

  • 5 years ago

    The second photo is my first choice as well. I may just want to get a piece and grout it first (grout always makes a difference to me). My husband liked the herringbone best but I’m not sure if it’s too zig zaggy for me. Yes, def not doing colored tiles, the mother of pearl should add enough to break up the white. I really appreciate your feedback.

  • 5 years ago

    I’m hoping it looks like this grouted

  • 5 years ago

    its super glossy....you can get arabesque in a basic ceramic w less sheen or lets say just normal glazing. that almost looks like shiny glass...is this what you favor? its kind of in your face a bit.

  • 5 years ago

    This is beautiful ! I hope it coordinates well with your cabinets and countertop and you are able to use it. I just wanted to chime in about those gorgeous pendant lights you were thinking of. I chose my over peninsula pendants lights based on what made my heart happy. I knew I wouldn’t get an exceptional amount of light over my peninsula with them so I just made sure there were enough in the ceiling lights to compensate for that. We tried all the temp settings on all the led’s (in ceiling, under counter) and were happiest with around the 3000k with SW Alabaster cabinets and muted gold accents.

  • 5 years ago

    Thank you!! Yes, I feel like I have enough high hats in the kitchen so I just chose what was aesthetically pleasing. The lightbulbs are led although I’m not sure if it’s 3000 or 4000k. They are led5b11 (not sure what that means though).

  • 5 years ago

    Looking forward to seeing a picture!