Software
Houzz Logo Print
barbara_davis

Looking for this wallpaper for my son's bedroom, Thank you

5 years ago



Comments (32)

  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Okay if your son is old enough to actully love that wallpaper he is old enough to decorate his own room BTW this is called geode wall paper .

    Barbara Davis thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 5 years ago

    How old is he? For a young boy, something less dramatic would be better. Between toys, books, trophies, etc it could look too busy and out of place. It could work for an older teenager on one wall, if he loves it.

    Barbara Davis thanked calidesign
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    @Patricia Colwell Consulting. Hi, I am looking for this specific paper; I have already searched geode and agate wallpaper, do you know the manufacturer? Thank you.

  • 5 years ago

    calidesign Hi, thank you for your advice. He is 21 and uses the room when he comes home from college. Love you're username. Where are you in CA?

  • 5 years ago

    So sorry that I don't know the specific manufacturer, but in case it helps....

    I spent literally all day on Spoonflower yesterday, lol, looking at fabric. As far as I'm aware, they offer every (or nearly every) design on wallpaper, too. I did a search for Geode wallpaper and it kicked back 11 pages to wade through.

    Good luck!

    Barbara Davis thanked One Devoted Dame
  • 5 years ago

    @One Devoted Dame Thank you so much!! I am going to give that a try. Have you looked at http://ladesignconcepts.com? They sell designer and trade only fabric, wallpaper, lighting, and furniture at discounted prices; Mathew is awesome.

  • 5 years ago

    It’s available through Zak+Fox (scroll down for colors):


    http://www.zakandfox.com/collaborations/apparatus/


    I’m betting very pricey ... maybe there are some similar, hopefully someone knows.


    https://apparatusstudio.com/products/strata-study/

    Barbara Davis thanked Jilly
  • 5 years ago

    @Jilly You Are the Best!!! I have spent hours looking for this paper. I am only using one wall to make a statement. ❤

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    No, I haven't tried LA Design Concepts; I'll have to take a peek....

    I typically spend a few months looking for off-the-shelf stuff, then when I get frustrated enough because I can't find anything, I remember to browse Spoonflower and ask the artists to change the scale *and* colorway for my project, lol.

    *runs off to look at LADC*

    :-)

    Edited to add: I agree, Jinx is such a doll; seems like there is nothing that girl can't find!!! <3 Oh and did anyone notice that Parquet floor on the main page of Jinx's link?!?! WOW!!!

    Barbara Davis thanked One Devoted Dame
  • 5 years ago

    Please shows us afters! I’d love to see it. It’ll make an amazing accent wall. :)

    Barbara Davis thanked Jilly
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Dame, you are so sweet, thank you! ❤️

    ETA: Oh, goodness, that floor is stunning! They have some interesting textiles, too, I see a few I’d love for pillows. :)


    http://www.zakandfox.com/textiles/

    Barbara Davis thanked Jilly
  • PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I'm with Patricia. I would have guessed 43 for the son.


    I would also recommend that the owner of the home select anything that pleases her tastes for a guest room.

  • 5 years ago

    That is a really beautiful wallpaper. I hope you will share photos once the room is complete.

    Barbara Davis thanked ilikefriday
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    43? What a random and bizarre statement about wallpaper. 😂

    My DD left home this year. I know she’ll be back to visit overnight at times, so I certainly have added some things to our guest room (her room before) that I know she loves. And when she was away at college, it was still her room to come home to, even with some updates I made.

    Barbara Davis thanked Jilly
  • 5 years ago

    Clay covered wallpaper? I've never heard of this before. It really is gorgeous! I wonder if it has a special texture? Bet Jinx is right about it being pricey. Google images gave me two pages of results, with this one being an Australian company that prints custom paper. Sharing in case it's a viable option for anyone interested.

    Barbara Davis thanked tartanmeup
  • 5 years ago

    Just sayin' I will always call my kid's rooms, their rooms. I still call the screened porch, the screened porch, even though it hasn't been screened in 20 years. In fact, all of us do, including the neighbors😂🤣😃

    Love the wallpaper! Glad you found it😁

    Barbara Davis thanked heatheron40
  • 5 years ago

    It's funny, in our two previous homes, I had to remove a lot of wallpaper, and I swore that I would neve use wallpaper.

  • 5 years ago

    BeverlyFLADeziner! Do not kiss Patricias's ass! She is rudest person on this forum!

  • 5 years ago

    @Barbara Davis

    It is funny how that happens. OMG I can relate.

    Barbara Davis thanked ilikefriday
  • 5 years ago

    @heatheron40 Lol on the screened porch comment.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Please I am not rude I do however speak the truth if you want help you need to provide at least a bit of info. BTW most of my clients over my 20+ yrs of design work love my truthfullnes it saves them from making costly mistakes. BTW why it it up to you say anything about me, if the OP felt I was rude then the correction comes from her not you. I was not the only one who needed more info. I am happy she found it end of story.

  • 5 years ago

    @Jilly I agree we want our children to feel at home and welcome.

  • 5 years ago

    @Jilly Just curious have you seen La Design Concepts?

  • 5 years ago

    Barbara, no, I’ll check it out. :)

  • 5 years ago

    @Patricia Colwell Consulting Hi Patrice. Your comment was rude; I didn't ask for your approval on the wallpaper. I asked for help finding it, unsure what other information I could have given to help you find the paper since I provided a detailed photo. Thanks to @Jinx @One Devoted Dame for their help and for giving me exactly what I had requested. The comment that he is old enough to decorate his room was strange; I am sure that I am not the only mom on here that their son's like to have them decorate for them. Have a nice day

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    @Patricia Colwell please read @Ocotillo and tob123 comment's to you.

  • 5 years ago

    That is very dramatic wall paper. Just thinking that, as in the pic you posted with your original post, using it on one wall as an accent wall might be preferable to using it for an entire room. Just curious what other colors you'll be using in the room -- what paint color, if any, you're using on the other walls and what bedding color? Good luck with your room -- and please do post after pics.

    Barbara Davis thanked suezbell
  • 5 years ago

    Yes, definitely using in the wall. I will post. Thank you

  • 5 years ago

    @Jinx I can't figure out how to follow you. When I click on your account, there is no follow button. Thank you, Barb.

    👍😊

  • 5 years ago

    Hi, Barbara ... I’ve been having a lot of trouble with this board lately, not sure I can fix my settings. I’ll try. :)

  • 5 years ago

    @Barbara Davis

    Hover your curser over "Jinx" above and you will see "Follow". Click on that.