Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

Not quilting, but I am celebrating!

msmeow
3 years ago

Hot off the stitching frame! This thing has been in progress for probably ten years (dumb me, I didn’t note the start date). I did note that I finished the central picture in Jan. 2019. I finished all the cross stitching in Aug. this year. Once I started the back stitching I was determined to finish it! Finished the back stitching Wed, the other decorative stitching yesterday, and sewed the beads on today.

Boy am I glad it’s done! Now to wash it and have it professionally framed. It’s 18 x 24.

(I don’t know why the picture looks so washed out. The colors are pretty vibrant.)

Now I can get back to quilting!

Donna

Comments (16)

• nannykins
    3 years ago

Oh Donna, that is beyond beautiful!

As I was backstitching a baby announcement this morning, I was wondering if you had finished your piece. And there you are!

Cross stitching can be a slow job, but oh, the results are worth it.

what size is your cloth?

Love it!!

Theresa

msmeow thanked nannykins
  • msmeow
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Theresa, I was wondering if you finished yours, too! It’s 18 count (I think), stitched over 2 threads.

Donna

• bev2009
    3 years ago

Wow - I can see why it took you so long. It is beautiful. Even muted the colors are very pretty.

msmeow thanked bev2009
  • nannykins
    3 years ago

I am in the home stretch.

Just a bit more bsing and then the name and date. My cloth is 16 count. I started with 18 and then found the half stitches were too difficult so I went up a size. Will be glad to get it finished and off to the framer too.

Theresa

msmeow thanked nannykins
  • caroline94535
    3 years ago

That is exquisite!

msmeow thanked caroline94535
  • jackier123
    3 years ago

Beautiful!

msmeow thanked jackier123
  • fran1523
    3 years ago

Good finish Persistence pays off.

msmeow thanked fran1523
  • loisflan
    3 years ago

Your wallhanging is quite lovely, Donna. Such a lot of work!! I bought a counted cross stitch project several years ago. The fabric is 36 count linen. I can't even begin to see well enough to start it without a magnifying glass. What was I thinking?

msmeow thanked loisflan
  • bkay2000
    3 years ago

Wow!

bkay

msmeow thanked bkay2000
  • nannykins
    3 years ago

Lois reminds me that several years ago, in my cross stitch heyday, our local craft store was closing. I bought many packages of Cross stitch material. When I was checking the drawer for fabric for my latest work, I found they were all linen and yes, they were very tiny count. I will have to find a good home for them. These eyes just can’t do it either.

Theresa

msmeow thanked nannykins
  • Char
    3 years ago

Donna, I am in awe! What a beautiful piece! I have tried my hand at small cross stitch projects (max of 3" X 3"). Any larger than that and I tend to screw it up. Very well done!

msmeow thanked Char
  • loisflan
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Theresa, what we need is one of those magnifying glasses on a floor stand. Here's a reasonably-priced one. Floor stand magnifier with light I wonder if 5 X magnification would be enough.

msmeow thanked loisflan
  • msmeow
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

It’s beautiful, Theresa!

Lois, I have a hard time getting a stand magnifier positioned correctly. Then I can only see a few stitches before I have to move it or the stitching.

Bonnie Hunter touts these glasses from Craft Optics. They are very expensive! Www.craftoptics.com

Donna

• Char
    3 years ago

That is so cute, Theresa!

msmeow thanked Char
  • lemonbasil
    3 years ago

Beautiful work - something I want to get into this winter.

msmeow thanked lemonbasil