Software
Houzz Logo Print
condoremodel

14 years ago
What kind of flooring is this?
ECOblue kitchen · More Info

Comments (13)

  • 14 years ago
    Appears to be linoleum
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    It is Forbo Linoleum sheet
  • 14 years ago
    What's the style and color? I really like it.
  • 14 years ago
    Beautiful floor! I am thinking of using Marmoleum throughout my lake house. It seems there are many more colors available in the glue sheet down than the click or glue down tiles but I am afraid of seams since there are some large spaces to span, and the "permanence" of the glue-down. Why did you choose the glue-down sheet over the tiles?
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    We were installing the floor over a new subfloor, which gave us the opportunity to use the glue-down product. If you use a certified installer to do the heat-weld seams, they are practically invisible. And, yes, the selection of colors was a definite reason too! I see the click tiles as more of a DIY product - I have them in my kitchen. I think the decision should be made first on the quality of your subfloor, secondly on whether you can hire a certified installer or if you're going to do it yourself, and lastly the color.
  • 13 years ago
    In the kitchen, with the click tiles, do the tiles hold up to spills? Do the tiles swell if liquid gets in the seams? I imagine with the sheet, with heat welded seams, seam-swelling is not an issue. Am I right?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I have click tiles in my own kitchen. We had a small dishwasher leak and the few times a year I get on my hands and knees and clean the floor, I notice a little raising at some of the seams. If it were really bad, I'd have to replace the entire floor. But, it's hardly noticeable. However, Mr. Brennan has the sheet good in his kitchen. He had a more major leak and it bubbled up his linoleum. He brought a professional installer in who cut into the bubble and heat welded it back together. So, he didn't have to replace the whole floor. You have to make the right decision based on your current subfloor, whether you want to install it yourself or hire a professional, and in the case of a leak do you prefer some small raising at the seams, or bringing the professional in to cut and weld a new seam. And then the color decision as I mentioned before :) Hope this is helpful!
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you, that is very helpful! Those are issues I hadn't thought of. It might be much easier/cheaper to replace some damaged tiles than to hire a professional to come in to fix the problem. I am very glad I asked you. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom on the subject.
  • 13 years ago
    I love your work it's just great - I am considering Marmoleum for a new kitchen I feel your answers here have been REALLY helpful to me - but what do you think about the dual tiles on a new sub-floor in terms of the water issue? I am guessing click tiles may raise up a little more then glued ones? Sorry I am sure you thought you were done talking about this. Thanks.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Unless you want to use a hard ceramic or porcelain tile, I wouldn't focus on the water issue. It's just part of having flooring in a kitchen! If you have a new level subfloor and access to a certified installer, I would go with the sheet good. If you want a pattern of colors in the click floor tiles, then go with that. I wouldn't say one performs better than another when you have a major water leak.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your input wasn't sure if just day to day smaller spillages were an issue. Sounds like they aren't.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    oh no, not at all! It cleans very easily.