Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_556431141

Bathroom backsplash height

Mollie Bird
3 years ago

How high would you have this bathroom vanity backsplash go? The old backsplash was 6 inches. I like the look of all the way up, but I think above and around the cabinet’s left side might look odd. What about straight across at the light, at the top or bottom of the cabinet’s crown molding? Thanks!

Comments (3)

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    3 years ago

You don't need to do a backsplash on the side of the cabinet; just doing between them is enough!

I would not recommend up to the lights but up to the hooks (the point in the 2nd photo where the paint color is looking to change may be due to shadow) may work.

Mollie Bird thanked RugKnots | Area Rugs
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago

IMO 6” and a mirror are you need.

Mollie Bird thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • KW PNW Z8
    3 years ago

Agree with Patricia. We don’t know what mirror looks like but from the hooks it appears will fill much of wall space side to side. This means not much wall showing around mirror & IMO, not much impact gained with tiling the bit of remaining wall. Stopping at light or top of crown is awkward & going down side of left cab not a good look. You can go a bit higher than 6” depending on space between counter & mirror. Don’t think theres a strong rule about that.

Mollie Bird thanked KW PNW Z8