Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carsen_s

Are my succulents/cacti dying? Please help!

Carsen S
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all, I’m a very new plant mom and need some help! I have 4 different succulents that all appear to be struggling to some extent. The 2 cacti and the aloe vera were all acquired in very poor conditions, having been neglected for almost a year. I spent a lot of time bringing them back to life, and they seemed to be doing well until I reported them in larger pots (all were in original pots from store bought in 2017).

1. gymnocalycium: I questioned the health of this one the entire time. It could’ve been dead when I got it for all I know. It is still firm on top but is quite yellowed at the base and now is becoming somewhat wrinkled. I am most concerned about this one.

2. Fairy castle cactus: this one seemed to be doing swimmingly until I repotted. I waited 1 week to water and after watering I noticed some yelling at top of main stalk that progressed to some softening. There is also a small stalk that has some browning/yellowing/wrinkling.

3. Succulent: I was given this plant as a gift and do not know what it is. It was in a very small pot before for 2 years and was going well with 1/3 cup water/month. After repotting I’ve noticed some reddish/purple discoloration in the center at the bases of the leaves.

4. Aloe Vera: I believe this one is going well post repot. When I first acquired it, it was droopy, brownish purple, and sad looking. I figure while I’m here I may as well see if its looking good also.

Comments (3)