Software
Houzz Logo Print
shoebaroff

The Red Bathroom......

5 years ago

We purchased our unit three years ago. I have always been ambivalent about the color of this bathroom but since it was new to me , I thought I would learn to love it. The bathroom needs to be repainted. I never liked the red glass sink. I am thinking of grey and a white bowl sink. I’m open to color suggestions please.

Comments (13)

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I agree with Mazsola - vessel sinks seem rather dated at this point. A new vanity that provides storage space would look better than the pipe supported vanity top. I'm also wondering if you removed the wainscot and paint the walls all one color it that might open thing up a bit as well. Good luck!

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I would do Rain Cloud on the walls and either replace the sink with a copper one or a new vanity.

    17" Round Vessel Double Wall Hammered Copper Bathroom Sink, 18 Gauge · More Info

    Angela 35.5" Wall-Mount Bath Vanity, Oak · More Info

    Mosaic Natural Oak Wall Mount SS Bath Vanity with Solid Surface Top, 36" · More Info

    Malibu 36" Single Vanity Vanity Honey Alder w/ 3 CM Charcoal Quartz Top · More Info

    Toby Vanity · More Info

  • 5 years ago

    I would go a bit lighter than your selection and paint the wainscoting the same color. Agree with the others about a vanity.

  • 5 years ago

    Painting the wainscoting is a good suggestion. Frankly, if you were starting from scratch and had chosen the flooring and tile for the shower, I don’t think you automatically would have selected white wainscoting or white grout. Both are easy elements to change, and I think you can design your room around the colors in the floor and the black tile. The paint color you tried out is a great start.

  • 5 years ago

    This is a better shot of the entire bathroom. The vanity stays for now.

  • 5 years ago

    What a beautiful bathroom! Here’s a color, similar to the one you tried. Getting rid of all the red sure makes a difference. How about a black sink, a copper one per the designer’s suggestion, or a black and white one from Houzz. It wasn’t as rustic, but looking down into a pretty bowl could be fun!

  • 5 years ago

    Prime your walls white. You will need to do that anyway to get rid of the red! Then....consider what you will do next. Paint the white wainscot a darker color from your tile and floor? The upper portion of your walls a lighter shade of that same color? Then think about replacing the sink. With white, or chrome, or clear glass, perhaps? But by priming the red walls first...you will liberate yourself from it. Red is a bossy color. Then play!

  • 5 years ago

    I am thinking of white for two reasons. 1 I hate the constant water marks showing on the sink bowl. It never looks clean. 2. White would be far more of a neutral color. Maybe even a shallower bowl to the sink?

  • 5 years ago

    White sink, and a warm white or cream color for both the wainscoting and walls. I wouldn't do anything dark in there.

  • 5 years ago

    One step closer. Now the sink

  • 5 years ago

    It's better than the red for sure, but I'd go a lot lighter on the walls since all your stone is so dark.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    yes, a lighter color would look good, but I really like this green too. the stone is so dark that I kind of like the idea of there being less contrast. install your new sink, live with it a while, and see how you feel!

    have you chosen your sink yet? I'd choose a square design, which would play nicely with all the dramatic angles in the room. this one is by Kraus. (I have this and it's a decent sink, but I wouldn't recommend the faucet though.)





Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio