Software
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_wright9862

Has anyone used Viatera Lumina quartz countertop? Looking for photos

5 years ago

Has anyone used Viatera Lumina quartz countertop? I'm looking for kitchens that have used the lumina quartz. I'd like to see the overall movement of the veining. I would be pairing this countertop with white cabinets.

Comments (95)

  • 4 years ago



  • 4 years ago

    We haven’t chosen a backplash or paint color yet. Thanks for the suggestions on here!

  • 4 years ago

    @sarah Wright- can I ask what color white your cabinets are? They look perfect w the lumina.

  • 4 years ago

    Hey all- here's my installed Lumina with my newly painted greige-ey cabinets. I love the Lumina but the installers tried two times to match the "white" of the Lumina for the seams. They never quite got it right, so my seams are a little visible and not same color. Watch for that.





  • 4 years ago

    Wow your kitchen looks amazing! I remember you were waiting to get your backsplash installed it looks so good. I LOVE the color of your cabinets. I got the Lumina installed and was lucky to get only seams to be hidden by my sink. We are waiting to get cabinets and backsplash it’s been a nightmare. Can you tell me what color your cabinets are…I’ve been considering a beige look or white? Thanks 😊

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Hey Rachael! Thanks- mine was a nightmare too, but I guess these are "good problems" :) The cabinet color is Benjamin Moore Timson Sand. It was the only color that wasn't too gray, too beige and didn't turn yellow or green. It does color shift different times of day, but to be expected. I had white cabinets that yellowed after 8 years. I'm off white cabinets for life- my next cabs (if I move) will be light walnut with a nice light quartz counter. Good luck finishing.


  • 4 years ago

    8

  • 4 years ago

    @liahaley thank you! My cabinets are just white cabinets - style Essex - by JSI Cabinetry. https://www.jsicabinetry.com/designer-kitchen

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Piggy backing onto this forum. Anyone use Lumina in their master ensuite? I'm finding it challenging to tile the floor/shower and it seems that one has to avoid any calacutta style/marble look porcelain tile as the Lumina is Very white. Any examples out there of what others have done for tiling in a ensuite/bathroom?

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Sarah- Can you tell me what white you chose for your cabinets? It all so so nice together! And did you use the same on your walls? I find the white with white with white so hard!


  • 4 years ago

    Hi! This is a great thread, as I've decided on Lumina for my countertops, to go with cabinets painted Sherwin Williams Contented, which is a greyish-green, almost sage green. I love the white of Lumina with the green of the cabinets and I'm considering gold hardware to pick up that subtle gold veining in the Lumina. However, I'm dithering about the backsplash; I'm waiting for a price to continue the Lumina up as a backsplash, but will also be looking at more conventional tile. Not marble, as someone mentioned above. Any ideas for that will be helpful! In addition to the green cabinets, we'll be doing the island in a wood stain to match some open shelves. (Haven't picked that out either but most likely a reddish, medium tone, not dark or light oak.)


  • 4 years ago

    I tried to do the lumina as well but it didn’t come in my local area in a thinner slab. It was going to be 3600 to thin a slab and my kitchen area is only about 9’ x 3’ so I opted for a white subway style tile. I love the lumina and did bronze hardware as the veining was sort of taupe and bronze. It is really a beautiful countertop!

  • 4 years ago

    @Amy McPhee Thank you! Yes, it is tricky to match colors! My cabinets are just white cabinets - style Essex - by JSI Cabinetry. https://www.jsicabinetry.com/designer-kitchen. The paint color on our walls is Valspar’s Swiss Coffee. Hope this helps!

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    I'm looking for counterops as well and I'm considering lumina or etheral glow from silestone. Both have a very nice clean white background. Etheral glow is a very new colour from silestone. I've seen both slabs but still can't decide which one I like more. I want countertop and backsplash all quartz. Has anyone installed etheral glow and has pictures?

  • 4 years ago

    Sarah Wright- one final question: Can you tell me what floor you went with? It looks amazing.

  • 4 years ago

    Cheerilyhouse, that backsplash looks amazing. can you tell me what it is?

  • 4 years ago

    @JustinFoley
    Yes! It’s from Tile Bar and is part of the White Jade collection.

  • 4 years ago

    Thank you!!!!

  • 4 years ago

    We are between Viatera Lumina (love veining) and Ethereal Glow (love pop of gold). Both great! Good to see your pictures. Cabinets white dove. Has anyone paired white dove with either?

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    white dove cabinets will not match lumina countertop!! this is my current situation and white dove comes across much too creamy/yellow and even slightly pink compared to the white of the lumina counter. i had my counter sample matched at sw and they said pure white was a good match.

  • 4 years ago

    i have the viatera lumina counters - and we are in the process of having cabinets and walls painted white dove. fingers crossed. will post photos when it's finished.

  • 4 years ago

    Having the Lumina counters, I concur that white dove won't work. I used BM Decorators White and it's PERFECT. I used BM's color counselor who came to the house to choose the right white.

  • 4 years ago

    @liahaley I too am considering White Dove for kitchen cabinets. I sampled Pure White by Sherwin Williams and it is more of a try white but I like the creaminess of the white dove. Please post pictures when you are done. I am still waiting on my cabinets.

  • 4 years ago

    We are still a work in progress (!!) but I like my Lumina Viaterra counters with white dove & hale navy cabinets. White dove is creamier but we, personally, did not want everything bright, bright white. Personal preference. The quartz is brighter but still has warmth. Now to wall color & backsplash. Looking at classic gray, china white or dove wing! Hard!



  • 4 years ago

    Has anyone looked at SW Alabaster for cabinets with Lumina?

  • 4 years ago

    I had chantilly lace paint chip against liming and it looked pretty good. Do all whit cabinets turn yellow with age?

  • 4 years ago

    To add to this-I love my Lumina counters and I used BM Simply White for cabinet colors. They work great together, the bright white of the counter next to the bright warm white of the paint. I picked out Retro Lino subway tiles from Tile Shop and I hope they work. I must have gotten 20 samples to get the right tone of white tile.


    If anyone sees this-I wish I had put a narrow strip of Lumina behind my stove and the quartz supplier said they can't do such a small piece. Anyone know where i could get a 30" x 1 7/8" scrap of Lumina?

  • 4 years ago

    Sarah - Love to see a picture do you mind posting!?

  • 4 years ago

    @Sarah Wright Any chance you remember what color grout you used on your backsplash with the tile?

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    "I wish I had put a narrow strip of Lumina behind my stove and the quartz supplier said they can't do such a small piece."


    He's lying. What he's saying is "I can't make any money making a small piece. Offer him $300.00 cash and I'll bet his technical skills increase dramatically.

  • 4 years ago

    Lumina counters, white dove cabinets and walls- came out awesome!

  • 4 years ago

    @liahaley Do you mind sharing what sheen you used on your cabinets? I am getting ready to decide on my cabinet color and am leaning towards the white dove. It looks beautiful and soft with your countertops. I love it!

  • 4 years ago

    @rachaelgallegos thanks! It’s satin finish.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    @liahaley Do you know if the paint used was the Benjamin Moore Advance or a different line? Painters are coming soon. Does the satin look shiny in person? It looks great in your photos :) Would you mind sharing a few more photos of the cabinets with lights on if possible? Thanks so much I have the hardest time making decisions!


  • 4 years ago

    @sarahsperry Can you tell me if you used the Benjamin Moore Advance paint or another line to have it mixed in and what sheen you used? It looks beautiful together.

  • 4 years ago

    @liahaley What did you use for your backsplash? I really like it.

  • 4 years ago

    We are buying lumina for our kitchen and will have our cabinets painted BM Oxford White.

  • 4 years ago

    @Carol Dickens - thanks! the backsplash is Emil Metallica White 2 x 10. :)

  • 4 years ago

    @J V Can you tell me how you like the BM Oxford White with Lumina? I am in the process of making a paint choice for a vanity with Lumina countertop. So far I have considered Chantilly Lace and High Reflective White. Both seem 'ok' with it, but I'm wondering if you still recommend the Oxford White and whether I should consider that?

  • 4 years ago

    @Kim Hanna Hi Kim, I am trying to choose a paint color for LG Lumina-I have considered Chantilly Lace, did you end up using Chantilly Lace and if so, how do you like it with the Lumina?

  • 4 years ago

    @Sarah Wright Thank you for posting your marble backsplash pictures with the Lumina! They are beautiful! What grout color did you use? Thanks!

    Sarah Wright thanked Lorena Coo
  • 4 years ago

    @Lorena Coo We used Mapei color white from Lowes. Hope this helps :)

  • 4 years ago

    Thanks so much!


  • 3 years ago

    Does anyone have any backsplash recommendations for lumina via Tara with whit cabinets?

  • 3 years ago

    yes we just put in Lumina with white cabinets and going with a white herringbone backsplash. Sample pics to come soon!

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    Hi, Has anyone used the viatera etude in a navy blue kitchen? we are looking to use it for countertop and backsplash.

  • 3 years ago

    @J V do you have a finished picture of your kitchen with the Lumina countertops and BM Oxford White cabinets. Would love to see a picture of how they work together. Thank you!

  • 3 years ago

    Hello,

    We just had our Lumina countertops installed and they do not have the gold veining that was on the sample. We have a large kitchen so there is lots of area for this to come out. It's nowhere. Has anyone else had this issue? Would anyone be willing to share a picture of their counters? We're getting a major run roadblock from the supplier (Precision Counter Tops) Thank you!

  • 3 years ago

    I have Lumina in a master bath, east facing room, and a very good amount of light. I painted the cabinets and the walls Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. It is a near prefect match. If you are looking for a monochromatic look, I recommend painting a swatch of the Chantilly Lace to see if it may work in your room.

  • 3 years ago

    Hello Sarah,

    We are thinking of installing lumina with our hale navy cabinets. just wondering if you have more pics to share?