Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nev_harris

Miele speed oven vs Advantium (others??)

Nev Harris
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello!

Looking for updated take from users of current and older models. Other discussion on Houzz are 5+ yrs old..

I will buy a 240v and it will be the oven I use 99.9% of the time. My main goal/top priority is fast preheat and fast cooking. The ability to reheat and warm up stuff.

FYI I'll buy a bigger "main" oven at a later date(or when I sell) because I would only use it that a couple times a year if that.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• Fori
    2 years ago

Like most people who've used these, I've only used one so I can't compare or contrast.

You've probably seen my comments: the Miele is a good oven for regular oven use. I don't use mine for a microwave because the particular model I have isn't all that conducive to microwave use (and because I don't have to). My kid thinks the speed oven is pretty good for frozen things but I don't use it for that either.

(I should have gotten a 24" normal oven.)

• ifoco
    2 years ago

I had Advantium speed oven in last house. I used it as a second oven especially over holidays.

It's great to reheat pizza and things they come out way better than popping something into a microwave. You can bake a chicken in about 20 minutes and it comes out great. It doesn't need to be preheated; a time saver. You can really cook anything that you would do in a regular oven.

I plan on having another Advantium once we remodel and it will once again serve as a second oven.

I can't compare it to a Miele since I've never used that brand.

• moosemac
    2 years ago

I love my 240V Advantium. It makes the best roast chicken in a flash compared to a traditional oven. The plan was this would be our primary oven for everyday cooking for the 2 of us. Well plans changed and we have a household of six again so I don't use it as much except for microwaving.

I use it more when entertaining and bakes so evenly I am amazed. It is a bit of a learning curve if you have never had a speed oven but well worht the effort.

• Nev Harris
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Fori
    Mind sharing why you think you should have got a “normal” oven and why it isn’t conducive to microwaving. Thanks!

• Nev Harris
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Weekend bump...hoping to get some more thoughts

• adel97
    2 years ago

I love love loved my advantium 240v I had in my last house!!! Can you say crispy roast chicken in a flash, crispy outside, fluffy inside baked potatoes in 8 minutes? crispy frozen tenders, as well as normal MW use for everyday reheating, melt/soften mode for butter, etc, popcorn mode, etc. I rarely used my regular oven (only 2 of us in the house). It was awesome. What no other speed ovens have is the HALOGEN radiant cooking which is what gives you the crispiness. Most others including MIele are convection + MW but no halogen. Advantium has all 3.

Unfortunately, in my new kitchen I needed to have a speed oven that is mountable under counter and the 240v Advantiums are not. So I bought the Wolf speed oven, and it's going back on a buy back after 6 months. Maybe I just have a lemon but after 2 service calls it still doesn't work right. The door hinges are very fragile and they get slightly off and then the door won't close and therefore it won't turn on. They've been changed twice. I have no kids or pets who hang off the door and I'm not tough on appliances. Unless we sit there and press the door closed manually it doesn't turn on at all. Even when it works, I don' get CRISPY like I could get with the advantium.

I'm replacing with the Advantium 120v. Won't be as fast but now I know the halogen makes a huge difference for the way I use a speed oven.

Can't speak to the Miele except...no halogen radiant heat.

• adel97
    2 years ago

so after talking to the Miele rep, apparently it has a combi-broil option which gives similar results to the Advantium, with a different broil technology. The Miele seems to be the closest to the Advantium in capability

• Nev Harris
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks! Great info

• stars26
    2 years ago

Following