Software
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecupcakes

Franke Pescara sink, anyone?

5 years ago

Does anyone have the Franke Pescara sink? If so, can you give me your feedback? If you can give a picture I would also really enjoy that! Thanks

Comments (13)

  • 5 years ago

    Bump (I'm interested in this sink too).


  • 4 years ago

    Me too! Does anyone have any experience with it?

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    @cheri127 we just installed it but it isn't hooked up yet. I was hesitant, regretting my decision for stainless into it went in and now I think it's beautiful. I was also worried I would hate that it has the visible shelf line but it isn't eye drawing. I also wanted a bright sink and know that Franke can be darker stainless than others but I actually think the tone is great. Here's a few pictures. Checks back around in 2 weeks and I'll let you know how the functionality is!

  • PRO
    4 years ago

    @rosaerai

  • 4 years ago

    @Andrea It's beautiful! I can't wait for your functionality report. Do you know if this sink is made in Switzerland or China? 🙏

  • 4 years ago

    If @Andrea still has the box, it will say on it the country of origin. I had read somewhere that the Franke sinks made in Switzerland cost $1200+. If the sink costs less than that, it is made elsewhere, but Idk if that is strictly true.

  • 4 years ago

    @Miranda33 I think this sink is right under that price. $1000?

  • 3 years ago

    @Andrea Are you happy with the Franke Pescara sink?

  • 3 years ago

    @Andrea I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

  • 3 years ago

    @lori I took @sunshyne advice and bought the sink! Love the quality and though it will eventually scratch, it hasn’t yet. It’s not as easy to scratch like other reviews I have seen on other sinks like the Kohler. It’s really beautiful and I don’t mind the square drain cover. The drain is actually round and I put a metal screen in it to catch things that I don’t want to fall into the sink and put the square cover underneath the sink till I have visitors.

  • 3 years ago

    I'm looking at the Pescara in the 25 or 28 size so I'm glad that sunshyne and rosaserai are happy with it. I'm curious about a few things though.


    First is that the sinks that I've been looking at are 16 gauge and a couple 14s. This sink - three times the cost of the others - is 18 gauge. My mind can't get around that.


    There's no mention of sound dampening material.


    If the bottom is flat, how does the water get to the drain? I don't want to have to push water to the drain every time i use the sink


    What does the drain look like without the square cover? Is the drain itself square? If it's a normal round drain, does it look odd to have a round drain in a square border? I probably won't use the drain cover, as sunshyne said.


    I think i like this sink, but i have to convince myself that it's worth almost a thousand bucks. (!!!) Then i have to convince my husband. I appreciate any info and experience you can share.

  • PRO
    3 years ago

    @fatcatz replied to these on the other thread, adding the URL here in case anyone in the future runs across this and has similar questions.

    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5975369/franke-pescara-and-cube#28374713