Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cvanharen

help with baseboard and wood stairs

Crista VH
2 years ago

This is how my contractor left my steps and baseboard. This does not look good to me at all. The first three pictures are the step to my kitchen from my sunken family room. I asked in the beginning the drywall I. Picture three be fixed. And after they installed the floors I asked why the overhang/bullnose was so small compared to the lower step and picture four. Picture four is my sunken family room to the hall just two feet away from pictures -3. This had had uneven baseboard on both sides, and a bullnose/ overhang larger than the other opening. I asked and they said they’d fix it… we just have old uneven walls. But none of this looks right to me and yes he came highly recommended for his trim work.

Unfortunately, he seems to leave his nephew here to do the work often after giving instruction. I need to know what is acceptable to have a productive conversation.

Should the baseboard be even with the edge of the wall? Should the overhang/bullnose of both stairs be the same? How should the new trim meet the diagonal piece I picture one?

Very frustrated with this.

Comments (2)