Software
Houzz Logo Print
minsokpak

Does anyone have any feedback/suggestions?

5 years ago

I took this photo of the tile work underway in our bathroom. It doesn’t look great. Does anyone have any suggestions how to address this with our builder?




Comments (10)

  • 5 years ago

    Is this that same bathroom from a couple days ago?


    That tile is terrible for showers. Lesson learned.

  • 5 years ago

    Here's the other thread, for reference:

    Same Tile, Same Application (Shower)

    One of the pros in that thread (Miss Flo) suggested turning the tiles 90* so that the lines were running vertically... Perhaps that would help?

    Are y'all open to changing the tile to something entirely different? (Just asking, lol!)

  • 5 years ago

    If you picked the tile and orientation (or didn't bother to specify the orientation), I'd start it with "I screwed up and I realize this will add cost, but I want to replace it with [different tile]."

  • 5 years ago

    What designer or inspiration pics are pushing this tile / orientation????


    MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!



  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Look, bathroom remodels are expensive. Do you really want to spend all this money and not get something you are happy with? IMO, cut your loses now and re-do it. Whether that means you foot the bill, the GC does, or y'all come to some kind of split agreement. I don't know who picked/bought the tile nor who decided on layout, so I'll leave the finger-pointing to you. If the finger points back at you, I still believe you'll be happier in the long run if you just bite the bullet and pay to re-do it. It's just not worth it to try to make this work. Sorry, but do you really want to look at this for the next 20 years? Pick something calmer and more soothing. You'll be glad later.


    I say this with empathy. All but 1 of my home reno projects have gone very well over 30 years (kitchens, bathrooms, pools, floors, driveways, etc, etc, etc.) But there was this one damn project where I made some mistakes and I just had to pull the plug and re-do, at my expense. It happens sometimes.

  • 5 years ago

    Agreed, I've ripped out and thrown out tile that did not work out with the vision I had in my head. It is painful taking the loss and writing another check, but who wants to stare at something you hate for the next 10, 15 or 20+ years. In the whole scope of the project the added expense was not a large percentage.

  • 5 years ago

    The tiles look like messed up barcodes when installed! I don't see how this tile could look good in any location and layout. Fix it before you get even further into the process.

  • 5 years ago

    I’m no pro. My first impression of this tile is that it’s not good for showers. It might be a challenge for everything actually, now that I take a good luck. It’s interesting, yes, but I’d rip it out before you go further.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I think once the shower is completed it will not look as bad. If it does look bad use a lower watt light bulb.