Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fig_insanity

How-uzzlezz strikes again...OT, sort of...

Sheesh. Houzz has outdone itself this time, lol. I navigated from the Rose forum to the Antique Rose forum, and it sent me to posts from 2017. Not just one, but the entire page was 2017 and prior. That's a first. Some three-year-old is playing with the remote again...

When I re-loaded the page, it was current. Go figure.

Comments (13)

• roseseek
    2 years ago

Sounds like they need a new 9V.

• flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA
    2 years ago

Some time ago, I didn't have to log on (with user name and password) at all. For a year or two, I've had to log on every time I open the site. Now, I have to log on to every thread, individually.

• fig_insanity Z7b E TN
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@roseseek Kim, that's hilarious. If only a new battery could fix this mess :P

@jerijen Jeri, I'm afraid we have yet to plumb the depths of their incompetence, lol.

@flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA I couldn't "like" your post, because that's just crazy (on their part), but I DO sympathize. Lots, lol.

2 years ago

Fig_insanity, to my chagrin, my problem seems to have been resolved. I kept intending to call them, but let it slide. I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but, at least for now, no logging in with name and password is necessary. I hope everyone else's problems are fixed as quickly.

• rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
    2 years ago

fig: when you navigated to the Antique Rose forum the first time ( when you were unexpectedlypresented with 2017 posts), do you remember if the highlighted Subheading on the home page was ” Latest”, ” Popular”, ”Featured” or ”Unanswered”? (hopefully you did)

And may I mention that I am not the go-to technology person for my household. In fact, far from it.

• rifis (zone 6b-7a NJ)
    2 years ago

I ask because I am wondering if the explanation for the problem (you observed) is what my technolgy consult refers (disparagingly/amusingly ) to as ” cockpit error”.

• fig_insanity Z7b E TN
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Rifis, all I did, which I ALWAYS do, was click on "Antique Roses" listed under "Your Topics". It should have taken me, as always before, to the MOST RECENT posts in the Antique forum.

And no, it was NOT a cockpit error. If it had been, and I had somehow (impossibly) chosen another category of posts BEFORE I got to the page, when I reloaded the page, it would have simply reloaded that page, and not sent me to the correct page I should have gone to in the first place. Try it yourself. It can't be done.

Oh, and by the way...the posts I saw were NOT "Featured", "Popular" or "Unanswered", the only three choices other than "Latest". It was chronologically ordered posts from 2017. It was as if I was sent to random page *###* of past posts.

EDIT: And just to confirm it, I just changed forums after choosing another category, in this case "Featured". On my browser at least, it defaults to the "Latest" category in the new forum, regardless of the category chosen in the previous forum.

2 years ago

I spoke too soon. Problem not fixed after all. Another thing, is the search bar no longer available to us?

• fig_insanity Z7b E TN
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@flowersaremusic z5 Eastern WA Sorry to hear it, Flowers. The search bar is there for me, but they've royally screwed up the search. I can't choose to search a particular forum anymore, it only allows me to search site-wide in all discussions. The other choices are photos, shop, pro, stories, or users. But nowhere can I search in "Roses" or "Antique Roses". I also used to have the choice of searching only the forum I was in, and also got a drop down menu with options of other oft-used forums/subjects/users/etc. But no more.

Now, when I search, I get a 100 totally unrelated posts, and maybe one or two random posts from the rose forum...that still have nothing to do with what I was looking for. So of course the search results are uzzlezz. In order to find anything (especially a specific older post!!!!!), I have to use Google to search Houzz.

Grrrrrr.

2 years ago

Yes, fig, exactly. You stated it perfectly. Seems we have to figure out their new system every time we want to use something on the site. You're right - Google is actually a more efficient way to search Houzz.

• toolbelt68
    2 years ago

This is just a bad case of job security.....break it so I have to fix it.... they need me....etc

Someone should introduce them to the KISS method.... lol (Keep It Simple Stupid)

• fig_insanity Z7b E TN
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@toolbelt68 Lol....that's easier to understand than the level of incompetence they project. Surely *no one* is actually that bad at their job??????? It just HAS to be on purpose, for a purpose, lol.

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH