Software
Houzz Logo Print
chrisandvonna

More desirable fireplace granite..

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have a mantel. Asthetically, what’s the better granite/marble/dolomite fp surround choice for my unbuilt, unfurnished home?


Everything else in the unbuilt unfurnished home is however you’d have it to be with whichever stone you choose.



Guide:


PC

Hover mouse over selection > left click


Tablet

Touch selection


Fantasy Brown
White Thunder
Antiqued Black Pearl

Comments (20)

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Personal choice.


    In general, the black pearl leathered will give you the most versatility to decorate around.


    The other 2 will have a greater impact.


    If it were my home or a client's, I would recommend the black pearl.

    Single-Handedly thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • PRO
    5 years ago

    Do you have a design/style? How big is the fireplace? Flooring for the room. Everything comes together, don't pick things in a vacuum.

    Single-Handedly thanked Skippack Tile & Stone
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    The home isnt built and size isnt determined. Did I really need to be more specific I didn’t want to get hung up on particulars.


    What is your design style if there were solely three stones and one mantel in the whole-wide-world to choose from.


    Both Diana and CDR contributed exactly what i was looking for. Excellent

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    That's a decision I would make in conjunction with whatever other materials you select for your home Just selecting something as important as your fireplace and surround without considering wall color, floor color, etc. could be a recipe for disaster.

    Single-Handedly thanked Norwood Architects
  • PRO
    5 years ago

    You better be prepared to get hung up on specifics that is how you get a well designed home and IMO this is too soon to care about the surround on a non existing FP since your other choices have not been made that are going to drive this choice .

    Single-Handedly thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I’ll bet you’re a blast at parties patty.


    The point of this ‘poll’ would be better served if respondents presumed (w/o proof) that by this time all potential disasters were carefully, cautiously and deliberately considered.


    That said, design people—relax—some posters may just be curious to know what car-color you like, but don’t necessarily need/want assembly-line advise.


    Nice job at comprehending the essence of this poll Diana and CDR and thx for allowing it to register that sometimes less is more helpful.

  • 5 years ago

    Choose/Vote

    Red - Fantasy Brown

    Black - Black Pearl Leathered

    White - Thunder White






  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Note: if youre in the market👆Accords—I got the Crystal Black Pearl 2.0T Touring black/black and for a four cylinder it’s impressively fast. Highly recommended!

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    It's interesting that I would choose the Black car as well. It's been said that colors you like are reflected in your choice of clothing, cars, and home decor. So yes, I'll stick with black--it's basic, and most every room could use some black-it goes with everything.

    Single-Handedly thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • 5 years ago

    I voted for black pearl because I think the other stones need a larger expanse of stone to appreciate the movement. I personally just used a large slab of leathered Thunder White for my fireplace. It's beautiful, but I don't think it would work for a surround with a mantel.

    Living Room · More Info


    Single-Handedly thanked Rachel
  • PRO
    5 years ago

    I prefer the green marble...


    Just kidding, go with the black pearl. Very neutral but elegant and easy to design around.

    Single-Handedly thanked Hansen Wholesale
  • 5 years ago

    Rachel what a fantastic fp surround that is, I think you hit it out of the ball park with that design.

  • 5 years ago

    A little curious ... is there a reason why you're looking at the leathered for Black Pearl and polished for the other two? Also, I know you just want opinions on what's given, but what fireplace is going in this? Is it planned to be similar to what Rachel has?



    I like black cars ... metallics and crystal coats are great when available. That being said, some cars can look fine in white, while others look down right awful in white.

  • 5 years ago

    Yeah I apologize. I meant to be sarcastic and didn’t realize in the moment how mean it came off. Sorry. Good luck with your project.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks Susan 👍 No worries.

  • 5 years ago

    @Single-Handedly yes, I'm happy with how my granite fireplace turned out. That is a whole slab of granite on that wall, and I wanted to show you how that looks if you are using a lot of material. But if you are going with a surround, I would recommend a stone with a more solid pattern.

    Single-Handedly thanked Rachel
  • 5 years ago

    Wow! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. I realize you put it as a vote, however you did put the question out there, so when you get a response, and don’t like it, there is no reason to be rude. I’ll bet you are great fun at parties too!

    Single-Handedly thanked lydcrafts
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Someone woke on the wrong side of the bed, averse to—favors??

    For your inner stir-stick, it’s a pole honey, not a soup kitchen.

  • 5 years ago

    When I shopped slabs thunder white looked incredible although leathered was not available. Yes, you absolutely did a gem of a job in your space for sure!