Software
Houzz Logo Print
lois_requa_dunn

Which color wooden bathroom vanity to go with this tile?

4 years ago

So I found a tile I like for my guest bathroom with no window. So natural light. What wooden vanity to use and what accessories for bathdoors, sink faucet, vanity hardware and wall paint

, etc.

Comments (33)

  • 4 years ago

    I think you're going to have to post some pictures of the space and give everyone an idea of your style likes and dislikes.

    Very nice tile choice.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked mvcanada
  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Why wood ? IMO a nice high gloss white would work but I need to see the space or at least understand your style

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • 4 years ago

    Will this tile go on the floor, shower walls, where? I like a white gloss painted vanity, brushed nickel or brushed stainless faucets and knobs, glass shower enclosure, pale gray or white counter, silver-gray towels.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked felizlady
  • PRO
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Beautiful tile! I think a light rift sawn oak vanity would add warmth or white. I’d do black or chrome hardware depending on what style you’re after. Paint the walls light since there is no natural light. You could bring in some of that orange or gray in your accessories.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Denise Cudd Designs
  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Some type of wooden vanity, a white vanity, or even a navy blue vanity would most likely work with those tiles. However showing the space and any other items you have would help.

    Modern Desert Contemporary: Bathroom · More Info




    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Design Directives, LLC
  • 4 years ago

    Antracita igualado con el dibujo oscuro del azulejo.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Alicia Lubian
  • 4 years ago

    Well first of all, there's no natural light in the space, so darkness isn't an issue - lights always need to be turned on. You can go for a little drama. If this tile is for the floor, I'd do charcoal cabinetry and counter surface to ground the tile and let it pop. Walls could be the light or medium terracotta from the tile. Hardware brushed silver. Large mirror, and fabulous wall sconces.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked HU-24671854
  • 4 years ago

    When I hear there’s no window, my impulse is to give the space an airy feeling. The very palest gray in the tile is beautiful, and there are driftwood colors or whitewash stains that would come very close. I’d continue the cool, light theme with brushed nickel or pewter-tone fixtures. Thick orange towels would be warm and inviting.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Maude Adams
  • 4 years ago

    I would go with a very light maple close to the lightest brown in the tile. Then I would look at Cambria's Portrust quartz for the countertop to pick up the navy blue. I think it's the lighting that will make or break your space. Good luck, happy shopping!


    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked C Amy Palmer
  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Given that you have no windows or natural light, I would go with light colors for the cabinetry and bathroom ware. The soft color pale woods in tans or greys are beautiful, and I would go for a white sink, toilet, and tub. I don't know if the place is small, but if it is, it'll give it a roomier feel. Also, if its large, it will give it an open space vibe. This is a beautiful tile! You'll want it to be the center of attention. Simple furniture and hardware with soft colors will let it be the star of the show.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked spanishearthgirl
  • 4 years ago

    I would take the colors from the tile (if that goes on the floor) and work from that palette. It gives off a Southwestern vibe for me. So paint on walls would be light gray, soft blue, mauve-y feeling. Vanity could be navy or dark gray with white counter to reflect whatever lighting will be in place. For fixtures you could go either way with pewter or gold/bronze. Towels and accessories could also build off the floor in a yellow/maize or coral/mauve color. Have fun. Good luck. Post pics after.


    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked hollywaterfall
  • 4 years ago

    Great pix to get ideas. I thought I'd like the white - but it takes away from the tile - doesn't enhance as the other three do

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Joyce Larson
  • 4 years ago

    My vote is the one on the left if you are going to do those tiles. I think the round mirror complements the starbursts in the tiles and the color palette is warm and airy.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked sweethomeaz61
  • 4 years ago

    I think you need to figure what vibe you want in the room. This is a beautiful pattern and it can go front modern to rustic depending on colors and style of fixtures and accessories. i would use a soft white counter top no matter what cabinet color or style. any of the finishes you posted would work but their styles are very different.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Terry Salazar
  • 4 years ago

    Which color in the tile do you like most? You could try matching the tile to some paint chips and imagine the bigger picture. If you still have trouble choosing, get a few samples of paint in the closest hues and paint a small piece of sheetrock to see how the single colors work with your tile. Personally. I would choose a simple wood vanity and have it stained either the light gray in the tile, the beige or an off white.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Rita Seymour
  • 4 years ago

    Wood vanity, maybe a rift sawn oak, black hardware, mixed rusty terra cotta and black towels. Carry a couple of pieces of your tile with you while shopping. You could get a really good idea of how it looks with different woods and finishes. I think pairing it with anything too modern or glossy would be a mistake. Wall color something lighter with warm undertones.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked abbadabba123
  • 4 years ago

    Whats the link to that tile? i love it

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Kristina Wojda
  • 4 years ago

    I’d look for a vanity in a grey with blue undertones. Once that is installed, the wall color choice will become more apparent. Second choice would be a pale, blond wood vanity.
    Any of the silver hardwares (chrome, nickel either matte or polished) seem the best choice. Black might seem too harsh.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked RedRyder
  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    I would do a teal blue vanity and keep the rest of the bathroom as light (mostly white) as possible. Teal blue is the complement of the rusty orange in the tile (i.e., direct opposite on the color wheel). Scientists say that complementary colors evoke pleasure sensors in the brain. You want that tile to pop, and its complement will bring it out in a satisfying way.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Muriel Vasconcellos
  • 4 years ago

    I would go with the dusty charcoal in the tile as the unit colour - even a charred effect teak with copper fitments - picking out the soft white of the tile for the wall. matching wall lights in copper over large wall mounted mirror

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Audrey Wilhite
  • PRO
    4 years ago

    Tile is on the Mediterranean side. I would go with a walnut color or stain ,to balance the European feel and if you are leaning modern, choose full overlay doors& drawers.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Nancy Greene @ Design Comes Natural
  • 4 years ago

    White oak or walnut w black hardware.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Casa de Hernandez
  • 4 years ago

    I'm having a difficult time understanding the comments about navy blue. I don't see any navy blue in your tile, and I think it would be a big mistake. That said, I would go with a nice white painted vanity, with a granite top and maybe a faucet in the bronze finish.

    Lois Requa-Dunn thanked Nancy Walton
  • 4 years ago

    I am so Thankful for ALL this wonderful, exciting and innovative design advice. I've had a family emergency and I just saw all these responses today, 12/10/21. I love Houzz and feel very good about the networking we share. OneLove. I am sending some pictures of the bathroom and the walnut vanity I purchased that was on sale. I love the idea of black hardware too.

  • 4 years ago



  • 4 years ago



  • 4 years ago



  • 4 years ago

    I did try one coat of grey paint that had a grey-blue-green tint. The bathtub tile will stay.

    Mirrors, lights, hardware will have to change. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your great design advice.

  • PRO
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    Very good choice for your vanity. Don't know if you're considering changing your bathtub doors but showing an option below:


  • 4 years ago

    Interesting vanity Lois. Good job.

  • 4 years ago

    You've chosen a mid-century modern style vanity (which is my preferred style) so I love it. And your 4x4 tub tile is from that period. The cabinet will darken the room a bit, so I would choose a light paint, maybe in the gray zone with just enough color to differentiate it from the tub surround tile. I hope you end up loving your new room.

  • 4 years ago

    Honestly, you could go with any number of wood choices, depending on how much light you have in the room, how dark you want to go etc…..it comes down to personal preference rather than limits set by your tile.