Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isherwood777

Persil vs Tide Free

Pat Z5or6 SEMich
2 years ago

Do you think Persil Sensitive Skin cleans better than Tide Free liquid?

Comments (5)

• littlegreeny
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Pat! I hope you are doing well.

Persil is supposed to clean better than Tide F&G, especially body oil. I tried it a couple times and never really cared for it (I felt like it rinsed poorly and left fabrics feeling stiff). It does have OBs. Not sure if you have a Costco membership but their house brand Kirkland Signature makes an excellent free and clear detergent but that also contains OBs. All Plus F&C from Costco is also excellent, comparable to Tide F&G. All Plus is virtually identical to All F&C Odor Relief. Both formulas contain OBs.

Pat Z5or6 SEMich thanked littlegreeny
  • Pat Z5or6 SEMich
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you, Sweet greeny. I agree about Persil's rinsing and stiffness, just needed to hear what you think. I can order the Kirkland on Amazon, but really like the Tide Free. Don't remember why I didn't like the AFC Odor Relief, so I'll try it again. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    2 years ago

I posted recently about how Tide Free & Gentle faded my darks. Haven't tried the Persil Free, but if you can I'd smell it in person first -- their regular stuff reeks, I wouldn't trust that the Free version does have some sort of scent to it.

Pat Z5or6 SEMich thanked mxk3 z5b_MI
  • wekick
    2 years ago

According to Consumer Reports, the Persil for Sensitive skin is rated @ 75 points(scale 31-84), but it has been rebranded to ”sensitive and free” and more enzymes have been added(5 total). It is clear now so the chemicals that made it white were removed. It has optical brighteners still which are a cause of fading.

They may be responding to Tides new “free” products which have not been rated yet but use their top brands names. The Tide Hygienic Free has three enzymes but no added fragrance, dyes or optical brighteners. I use this for darks or bright colors. The hygienic

free pods do have optical brighteners.

It is a little hard to find current information for Tide Ultra plus stain release For one of the listings for liquid Tide ultra PSR, the current formulation listed on Smart label doesn‘t include optical brighteners and only 3 enzymes. Earlier they included 4 enzymes and optical brighteners. Other listings from other sources say 4 enzymes too. They may have changed it already.

The liquid Free and Gentle Tide scores 62 in the CR test. 3 enzymes and no optical brighteners.

I don’t have those issues with stiffness with Persil. the only thing that is supposed to stay in after the wash is the fragrance, optical brighteners and dyes. I rinse 2-3 times in a full fill machine due to allergies and add STPP dissolved in water to the fabric softener compartment that is released in the first rinse. Softened water increases the rinsability of detergents.

Pat Z5or6 SEMich thanked wekick
  • littlegreeny
    2 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Pat!

Pat Z5or6 SEMich thanked littlegreeny